Gun Control

If amorality and evil is your enemy, you might want to look at the people who literally use the moral pulpit to gain the trust of young people and the community in order to practice pedophilia. They're called "priests."  

You might take note that pedophilia has crossed cultures and political systems around the world throughout history. Not an excuse for pedophilia. Just a fact that ruins your thesis.  

Or stick the whole problem into the basement of a pizza parlor run by Hillary Clinton. Your call, dips#!ts. 

Either way, access to guns by disturbed people is a problem (this is the Gun Control thread) and refusing to assert that same moral imperative when it comes to our incredibly deadly gun fetish is....I don't know.....evil? 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If amorality and evil is your enemy, you might want to look at the people who literally use the moral pulpit to gain the trust of young people and the community in order to practice pedophilia. They're called "priests and ministers."  

You might take note that pedophilia has crossed cultures and political systems around the world throughout history. Not an excuse for pedophilia. Just a fact that ruins your thesis.  

Or stick the whole problem into the basement of a pizza parlor run by Hillary Clinton. Your call, dips#!ts. 

Either way, access to guns by disturbed people is a problem (this is the Gun Control thread) and refusing to assert that same moral imperative when it comes to our incredibly deadly gun fetish is....I don't know.....evil? 

Just one small correction.

12 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Or projection.

I know you desperately need this to be true.  

It's easier to try to attack a contrarian than to look at the mire of your own beliefs systems.  

To the most recent and brought up by one of your Thought Leaders - Rittenhouse was found, substantiated by video, to have acted in self defense.  One of men who attacked him was a serial pedophile.  Another a domestic abuser.

And no commentary to those facts.  Just abject name calling and lazy ad hominem attacks.  

• Haha 3
  • TBH 1
7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I know you desperately need this to be true.  

It's easier to try to attack a contrarian than to look at the mire of your own beliefs systems.  

To the most recent and brought up by one of your Thought Leaders - Rittenhouse was found, substantiated by video, to have acted in self defense.  One of men who attacked him was a serial pedophile.  Another a domestic abuser.

And no commentary to those facts.  Just abject name calling and lazy ad hominem attacks.  

oj was found innocent also

• Plus1 1

This study kind of lays to waste the argument that relaxed gun laws lead to reduced gun deaths.  I mean we all knew that already.  What would be the impact if surrounding states adopted the same laws?  

US states with more relaxed gun control laws and higher rates of gun ownership have higher rates of mass shootings, reveals a time trends analysis, published today in The BMJ.

And the gap in the rate of mass shootings between these states and those with more restrictive laws seems to have widened in recent years, the findings show.

Previous research suggests that more relaxed (‘permissive’) state laws and greater numbers of gun owners are linked to higher rates of gun deaths by murder and suicide.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/higher-rates-of-mass-shootings-in-us-states-with-more-relaxed-gun-control-laws/

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I can’t believe these things keep happening. Republicans have been busy banning books, removing artwork from classrooms, making sure the wrong type of people don’t use the restroom of their choice and expanding access to guns. Yet these shootings keep happening. I am completely flummoxed. It’s as if their solutions don’t do any good at all.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I can’t believe these things keep happening. Republicans have been busy banning books, removing artwork from classrooms, making sure the wrong type of people don’t use the restroom of their choice and expanding access to guns. Yet these shootings keep happening. I am completely flummoxed. It’s as if their solutions don’t do any good at all.

Don’t forget busy blowing up cans of bud light. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

https://twitter.com/Hanswolff1/status/1655006387808911367?s=20

I'm just posting the link rather than imbedding the tweet due to the graphic nature but it really should be seen to show the impact of our insane gun laws and how a misinterpreted reading of the Second Amendment amendment has led us to where we are today.  American Exceptionalism indeed.  

It's sad, but accepted. Republican voters aren't going to change their ways, no matter how graphic the results of their voting behavior is.

I mean a guy on this board thinks America is undergoing moral decay because of trans people and would never realize the above is because of his voting behavior. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2