Gun Control

2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Continue to ignore who is using the vehicle/object.  Tennessee.  Kentucky.  Allen, Tx.  Mentally ill people are the problem.

Just like here:  https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3992658-7-killed-by-driver-near-texas-migrant-shelter-police-say-it-may-have-been-intentional/

Nashville shooter Manifesto?  Seen one?

If this doesn't explain the hopelessness of the problem and how voters view themselves, then nothing does. In no world are they going to look themselves in the mirror and realize that they're allowing this. 

Mentally ill people exist all over the world: but one country is pretty unique in the number of mass shootings. I realize pointing this out is just going to elicit a response to justify your voting behavior - which directly leads to the slaughter of innocent people. So congrats on that, see you by next week on this thread for the next one. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If this doesn't explain the hopelessness of the problem and how voters view themselves, then nothing does. In no world are they going to look themselves in the mirror and realize that they're allowing this. 

Mentally ill people exist all over the world: but one country is pretty unique in the number of mass shootings. I realize pointing this out is just going to elicit a response to justify your voting behavior - which directly leads to the slaughter of innocent people. So congrats on that, see you by next week on this thread for the next one. 

Where is America in homicide rates across the world?  How about violent crime?  

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/crime-rate-by-country

How does it compare to Mexico, as a reference?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Hispanic and Latino isn't a race. It's an ethnicity, and you can actually identify as both Hispanic/Latino and white, or black, or whatever on most government forms.

This may be subject to change... 

Much more relevant - why is more pertinent about who this shooter identifies as vs. what the last two associated with?  They're all bereft of any sanity to commit such a horrific crime.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Where is America in homicide rates across the world?  How about violent crime?  

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/crime-rate-by-country

How does it compare to Mexico, as a reference?

Are you implying that it's illegal immigrants bringing Mexican violence across the border that contributes to our homicide rates? Because that seems to be what you're doing. 

Regarding homicide rates, you should compare the United States with other developed first world countries. Hint: the United States does not fair well despite having more resources. Also hint, the European countries that are much safer aren't run by conservatives with a brainwashed population that think gun ownership makes them safe.

But hey, this is all a waste of time. A guy could blast the brains of a child onto your shirt the next time you're getting gas and you're going to blame the individual instead of the laws that allow him to buy gun.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

We are stupid with guns.   This idea that it is a "right" is stupid.

We are stupid with how easy it is to purchase a gun, it should be harder to buy a gun.

We are stupid with the price of guns

We are stupid with the consequences for gun crimes.  

None of this is hard but we make it hard.  None of us "needs" a gun, we can all agree on that.  If you want one for hunting, awesome, those should be stored at a warehouse and you go check it out when you need it.

Bad guys that have guns should be executed OR at the very least have a hand cut off.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Are you implying that it's illegal immigrants bringing Mexican violence across the border that contributes to our homicide rates? Because that seems to be what you're doing. 

Regarding homicide rates, you should compare the United States with other developed first world countries. Hint: the United States does not fair well despite having more resources. Also hint, the European countries that are much safer aren't run by conservatives with a brainwashed population that think gun ownership makes them safe.

But hey, this is all a waste of time. A guy could blast the brains of a child onto your shirt the next time you're getting gas and you're going to blame the individual instead of the laws that allow him to buy gun.

No, but now I'll explicitly state that Mexico is far worse than the U.S. in violent crime and homicide, and we have a border crisis where fighting Mexican males seem to be prominent in entering the country illegally.  Like purchasing a weapon, there are rules to be followed when coming into the country.

People ill, depraved, and brazen enough to commit such a horrific crime aren't too worried about any laws, and in one scenario I have means to end the issue without further consequence vs watching helplessly as more become victims.

Evil exists.  Banning everything you deem scary doesn't change this fact or stop murder.  I've mentioned I'm for looking at regulations that would work and make sense, treat the core of the issue as the real problem (it's not an inanimate object), and allow the 99.999999%+ of law-abiding citizens the opportunity to exercise God given rights to deter and defend against this evil.  

What would you do about assault SUVs who run people down in border towns killing multiple people?

The Sutherland Springs shooting years back.  The shooter should not have been able to have a gun given his background with a conviction for domestic battery and bad conduct discharge from the AF.  The AF didn't disclose this.  The 4473 should've not gone through yet the NICS background check went through.  The system failed.  A good guy with a gun ended it.  

There's no mere coincidence, to me, for the uptick in violence and the continued slide of America's moral values.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

People ill, depraved, and brazen enough to commit such a horrific crime aren't too worried about any laws, and in one scenario I have means to end the issue without further consequence vs watching helplessly as more become victims.

I'll ignore the racist rant about Mexicans.

It's pretty amazing you don't see the obvious answer to exactly what you're saying here: gun control.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I've been protecting myself from DefenderAO quotes (the air indeed is fresher, the sunlight brighter) but am I to believe that he or she believes we can "end the issue" of gun violence in America by closing the Mexican border? 

The tcdr (too crazy didn’t read) version is that numerous items on the right’s list of grievances (LGBTQ, immigration, moral decay, wokeness etc.) is the solution for gun violence and any actual gun control measures are not.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The tcdr (too crazy didn’t read) version is that numerous items on the right’s list of grievances (LGBTQ, immigration, moral decay, wokeness etc.) is the solution for gun violence and any actual gun control measures are not.

That's a pretty good summary. 

Not mentioned is why even more progressive - and further along the path of his perceived moral decay  - countries of Western Europe are considerably safer. If moral decay is the problem, why are more progressive societies better? Does he want the United States to emulate far safer societies found in Western Europe? Of course not, that would require his worldview to contain at least some modicum of consistency. 

He can't say that guns are the problem because he votes in favor of their expansion. So he blames immigrants - a tried and true tactic going back centuries. This of course ignores the realities that Western Europe has their own immigration crisis without the corresponding mass shootings, but I digress.

• Plus1 3