Bill says 2 former teams wish they could come back..

Big ten is classy, well managed, makes tons of money, cares about academics, and most importantly they have good bands. I think not only is the situation the best economically but that we fit in pretty well. I kind of miss the big 8, but not the big 12.

The Big Ten features The Best Damned Band In The Land. If you're a band geek, this is the best conference to be in.

I wish Nebraska would either invest heavily in our marching band or give it up altogether. We need a much bigger band, much better choreography, much better execution & much bigger sound. If we don't, I'm in favor of getting rid of the marching band and recruiting the best five-piece show we can put on scholarship and having a mini rock concert before every game and at halftime.

Go big, go hard, or go home. That's my take on the band.

• Fire 1

While it's ultimately a good move for financial and stability reasons, I'd like the move to the B1G more if we played in a division that featured any combination of OSU, Mich, PSU, and even Mich St. That's what I thought we'd be getting when we made the move initially, but now it's just like we play in the Big 12 North again. I don't understand why we keep getting stuck in the lessor of two divisions regardless of the conference we're in. Our conference home slate of Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, and Maryland this year leaves a lot to be desired, and won't do much in the way of piquing the interest of husker football to everyday fans here.

• Fire 1

While it's ultimately a good move for financial and stability reasons, I'd like the move to the B1G more if we played in a division that featured any combination of OSU, Mich, PSU, and even Mich St. That's what I thought we'd be getting when we made the move initially, but now it's just like we play in the Big 12 North again. I don't understand why we keep getting stuck in the lessor of two divisions regardless of the conference we're in. Our conference home slate of Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, and Maryland this year leaves a lot to be desired, and won't do much in the way of piquing the interest of husker football to everyday fans here.

This is a good point. The problem is actually us, not the conference. Well, us and geography. We're just isolated from the epicenter of college sports out here on the great plains. It's a nice place to live, the people are pretty swell and Lincoln is a great town, but we're hundreds of miles from anything else. Geographically, no matter what conference we're in, we'll be in a weak division. That's just maps.

The other problem is us. We're supposed to be the anchor in whatever division we're in. We didn't exactly live up to that in the Big XII North, and we're definitely not living up to that in the Big Ten Legends West. We need to get better, and when we do, we'll play against Michigan, OSU, Penn State, MSU every year in the championship.

• Fire 1

Re: TCU vs Michigan State. Here's their respective records since their current coaches have taken over, with TCU in Conference USA or the Mountain West for 11 of their 16 years.

TCU:

6-6

10-2

11-2

5-6

11-1

11-2

8-5

11-2

12-1

13-0

11-2

7-6

4-8

12-1

11-2

Michigan State:

7-6

9-4

6-7

11-3

11-3

7-6

13-1

11-2

12-2

The Big Ten just is college football to me. It's all college towns, it's huge on pageantry, there's big emphasis on bands and academics and nostalgia and tradition. The Big XII has always felt like a piecemeal, patchwork conference that never really knew what it wanted to be.

• Fire 1

I'm sorry, but does anyone actually believe Bill Snyder? Come on, it's all just BS put out there to make the Big 12 sound enticing to those already there who want to leave, and those B Squad teams they will eventually have no choice but to add to stay alive as a conference.

And gimme a break, the easier road trip to Manhattan or Ames is hardly worth rejoing a league that still caters to a sh**ty Texas program and generates less money. It absolutely BAFFLES me how anyone thinks that we would consider rejoing to rejuvinate our "rivalry" with Color...oh wait I mean Mizz...oh wait I mean Oklah...no they'll probably inform us that West Virginia is now our hated rival. Come on people, we are going nowhere.

• Fire 1

Oh yeah, I really really super miss those Texas teams, especially UT.....

The Big 12 hasn't been the old Big 8 for a long, long time. I doubt it will even exist in a few years. I miss Oklahoma and that's about it. But not enough to even begin thinking going back would serve any purpose. Some of you cray cray.

• Fire 1

Lets see...

Play at Iowa State, or Ohio St?

Play at Missouri, or Michigan?

Play at Oklahoma State or Penn St?

I'll take the Big 14!

Factoids:

Did you know the big 12 footprint covers only 5 states while the Big 10 covers 11?

Or that the old Big 8 actually covered 6 states?

I kind of miss the big 8, but not the big 12.

+1000

The b12 is NOT the old Big 8. As much as Husker fans don't want to remember it, Oklahoma chose to end our rivalry. That left us in a division with CU, KSU, and Mizzou as half-hearted rivals - and two of those three are gone. The current b12 is not even the b12 we left. Is half the conference Texas teams now? (I haven't really kept track.)

If we could somehow go back to the old Big 8, I'd be interested, but that's not possible. In another decade or two, the B10 will feel like home.

The only one I *MIGHT* believe is Colorado. But I pay no attention to them, I have no idea how they feel about being in the Pac 12 and really don't care. In a way I hope they're miserable.

As for Mizzo and A&M you're gonna try and tell me they want OUT of the SEC?! Come on....You could call up any team in the current Big 12 and they would be gone for the SEC in a heartbeat, K-State included.

I have a ton of respect for Bill. What he has done for K-State is nothing short of unbelievable, but this quote is just garbage.

I also like that A&M bolting to the SEC caused a great deal of the problems Texas is in now.

I like being in the Big Ten, I feel like it actually has a brand, and wasn't just founded on sheer geography. I wouldn't go back. In fact my only worry is that Texas might follow us here. They're really the only big get as far as TV footprint, unless you could rope in a Florida or Cally school but I don't see the Big Ten doing that.