Bill says 2 former teams wish they could come back..

In a perfect world:

-Texas goes independent and finally their greed is fully on display.

-Oklahoma and Kansas come to the Big Ten West, Purdue moves East.

-Iowa State, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech all make an agreement with the Mountain West and join to really beef the league up.

-West Virginia joins the ACC because duh.

-Kansas State disbands football completely because their fans are absolute trash....or they join the Mountain West. Either way really.

West Virginia joins the MAC

KSucks can join the Big East so they have a chance to win a conference championship once in awhile

Maybe we should also. KState has won two conference championships this century. How many have we won?

1) The Big East is no longer a football conference...

2) http://www.winsipedia.com/nebraska/vs/kansas-state

I know :lol:

That's why I said it

• Fire 1

Is GOR just a Big 12 thing or do other conferences have a similar blood pact? Are the penalties just more severe that their version has teeth? I remember TCU getting out of the Big East before they actually got their by forking over some dough is that the same kind of thing?

All conferences EXCEPT the SEC have a GOR if I remember right. You are giving the conference your first tier broadcast rights, so technically if an ACC team, say Clemson, switches to say the SEC the ACC still has all the first dibs rights to broadcast their home games. So an SEC game of Alabama at Clemson could be broadcast on the new ACC network. Until the lawyers show up.

This is beyond and more sever than the buyout penalty to leave a conference like NU did when they left the big12.

I could be wrong, but I think this covers the basics.

Snyder is talking about Nebraska, and he said so explicitly when Mitch Sherman interviewed him.

Snyder said he “most certainly” missed K-State’s rivalry with the Cornhuskers, saying that the two schools, separated by less than 150 miles, “should be” meeting on the field.

“When push comes to shove," Snyder said of Nebraska, "I don’t want to speak for anybody, but I’m not so sure they’re pleased with the decision they made.”

Sherman does a good job explaining why that is, in fact, not the case later in the article.

One can't help but respect Snyder for the magic he's worked at Kansas State. He's a legendary coach, no doubt. But these comments are entirely self-serving, and not reflective of the zeitgeist of Nebraska (barring some oddball holdouts).

Or maybe Coach Snyder just misses Taylor Martinez.

• Fire 6

Leave the most stabile and lucrative (or at the very least, close to the most lucrative) conference to join a conference that is imploding and has previously treated us unfairly? Ahh, no.

(I know the sec makes a lot of money, but the big10's deals are second to none and made at a time when the big10 wasn't even that great.)

• Fire 2

Kansas State coach Bill Snyder raised eyebrows at Big 12 media days this week with his comments that two former league members wished they could “get back in the conference.”

Was he talking about Nebraska, which bolted in 2011 for the Big Ten? It sure sounded like it, though Snyder did not specify which teams he was referring to in Dallas.

He did Wednesday as Big 12 coaches visited the ESPN campus for interviews.

Snyder said he “most certainly” missed K-State’s rivalry with the Cornhuskers, saying that the two schools, separated by less than 150 miles, “should be” meeting on the field.

“When push comes to shove," Snyder said of Nebraska, "I don’t want to speak for anybody, but I’m not so sure they’re pleased with the decision they made.”

What does this board think?

Edited by Mavric
Merged into existing thread

I love having NU in the B1G. I've said it before, but i feel like the cure for any Nebraska fans wistful of the Big 12 is just winning. If NU wins a conference title or two and can talk some sh#t to the OSU, MSU and UM's of the world, the "fit" is going to feel perfectly snug.

It already feels like the bball program has grown significantly since the move.

• Fire 1