WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

I don't think there as any scenario where he can keep is job. That said, where would NU look for a new WR coach? Is there a GA on staff now that could do it?

I think he can keep his job. There is no requirement at this job for him to have to drive. That being said it does make me wonder what impact it will have on recruiting.

Maybe, just maybe this will be the catalyst to get him some real help.

I don't think there as any scenario where he can will keep is job. That said, where would NU look for a new WR coach? Is there a GA on staff now that could do it?

I think he can keep his job. There is no requirement at this job for him to have to drive. That being said it does make me wonder what impact it will have on recruiting.

Maybe, just maybe this will be the catalyst to get him some real help.

I corrected my post.

I'll be very surprised if he gets to keep his job after a 3rd DUI and imo he shouldn't get to keep it. This sets a very bad example for the players.

Lyft and Uber are in Lincoln so there is no excuse for not taking a cab/Lyft/Uber to get home instead of driving while intoxicated.

• Fire 2

Maybe so. (I didn't mean to imply you were wrong, just making conversation). Politically, I think it will be tough for MR to keep him. I don't see it as a big deal as a job requirement. We all have our own demons. Like I said, if he will go get some help maybe this can turn into a positive for him.

I agree. Employed or not, he would have some serious things to face.

great example for the kids, eh? What a f ucking idiot! You're getting paid 6 figures and still won't pay for a taxi? This is a fire-able offense, considering he has quite the history. If Riley does decide to keep him, you got to be looking at serious repercussions; lengthy suspension, huge fine, mandatory AA meetings, along with the legal ramifications (possibly loss of driver's license). And thank God he didn't kill anyone.

Jeez... we're already tripping ourselves up and we haven't even played a game yet.

Well, first and foremost has to be Williams' health. I have zero tolerance for drinking and driving, but I do want people who have an illness to get better. This is indicative of extremely poor judgment at the very least, and perhaps a substance abuse problem for him.

We'll see if he gets to keep his job. That's secondary now. Will be interesting to see since we do offer plea bargaining, if he can plea his way down to a lot of rehab time and a hefty fine or some kind of community service.

Shame, because Coach Dub was by all accounts a great mentor and recruiter, but this is absolutely idiotic. If we have to cut ties, so be it. Hopefully he gets his life together either way.

• Fire 3

He needs to get his mind and his health right, that's the first thing.

The second thing is, I wouldn't mind at all if the university canned his ass. I'm a live-and-let-live kind of guy, but one of the very few things I have absolutely zero tolerance for is drinking and driving. ESPECIALLY someone with the resources that this guy has.

• Fire 2

With this being his 3rd DUI, the university really has no choice but to terminate his employment. If it was his first time the door would be open to give him a second chance, but 3 DUI's from a person in a position mentoring young adults is inexcusable.

Everyone has their particular vices that they battle with, so I truly do hope that Keith Williams finds a way to get the help he needs as it relates to alcohol. He is a good man, a fantastic coach, but someone who has made 3 very poor choices. Unfortunately for him & Nebraska I think they will have to go their separate ways.

• Fire 5