WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

I'm surprised that everyone is quick to say he should lose his job. In the real world this might happen if driving was a requirement of the job, but in not many other circumstances that I'm aware of. Poor judgement - yes. Needs help - yes. Gets fired - seems a pretty dramatic move to me (edit) before we know more.

I'm surprised that everyone is quick to say he should lose his job. In the real world this might happen if driving was a requirement of the job, but in not many other circumstances that I'm aware of. Poor judgement - yes. Needs help - yes. Gets fired - seems a pretty dramatic move to me.

I agree with you to a point. This is his 3rd offense and I am guessing there is a code of conduct/ethics part of his contract. This will definitely be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I'm surprised that everyone is quick to say he should lose his job. In the real world this might happen if driving was a requirement of the job, but in not many other circumstances that I'm aware of. Poor judgement - yes. Needs help - yes. Gets fired - seems a pretty dramatic move to me.

How does he recruit if he cant drive ?

Too many lives lost. The public and innocent victims need to be protected.

When your job involves being a public ambassador, an educator, and a mentor to young men, it's a different scenario and our football program can not in any way endorse this wreckless behavior or send a message that we disapprove, but we're not going to make you suffer any consequences.

• Fire 3

His job involves being a mentor and a role model of 105+ young men, something he may not be suited to do.
  • Fire 2

Maybe him and B.Reilly can take the same drug and alcohol course together. But for real, hope he didn't go too soap box on the unit after that incident because it's going to be even more awkward than it already was. Hope KW can figure his sh#t out, he's too good at what he does to hurt himself and others with actions like this.

How does he recruit if he cant drive ?

Too many lives lost. The public and innocent victims need to be protected.

Although cabs, uber and lyft are evidently a foreign concept to KW, he can use those or a GA can tag along to do the driving.

If and I said IF he keeps his job I am sure that there will be some mandatory rehab in his near future.

This is such disappointing news. Keith is a great motivator, but all that motivational talk goes down the tubes when you do something stupid like this. What parent is going to want their kids to now coach under him? If Riley decides to retain Williams, he's going to have to work some magic with the parents of the current and prospective commits that he will not tolerate any more crap from Williams again.

When your job involves being a public ambassador, an educator, and a mentor to young men, it's a different scenario and our football program can not in any way endorse this wreckless behavior or send a message that we disapprove, but we're not going to make you suffer any consequences.

Fair enough. I guess there is still some gray in it for me based on not knowing the entire story. I don't doubt Riley will do right by Williams and the team. Do we know how long ago the other 2 DUIs were? Also, what ended up happening with the USC coach that had similar issues this year?

And it happened with a 5* WR recruit in town. I mean... Come on Keith. How stupid can you get?

Exactly. I don't think he could have picked a worse time to do this. First, I hope KW can get some help to overcome this problem. On a more selfish note, I hope that recruits and their parents are committing to the university and HCMR over any assistants.