Newby vs. Ozigbo - who should start & who should see the most carries

Enhance

Even if Newby has a little more speed behind him, I feel like it's void because he will end up getting tackled where Ozigbo finds a way to break free.

Oz ran a 4.73 40 yard dash.

Newby ran a 4.46

Keep thinking Oz is faster. Maybe if you wish it hard enough it will come true.

I've read this several times, how are you getting that he thinks Ozigbo is faster? I'm just wondering because I haven't figured it out. :)

If people keep thinking Oz is faster, I'll keep correcting them.

It's nice to know you like to follow my posts and always chime in your commentary though. Thanks for thinking of me.

You're creating a straw man, Blitz. The direct line you quoted from Redux said nothing about Ozigbo being faster than Newby and was talking about Ozigbo's ability to "break free," which doesn't necessarily mean running faster. That could mean better vision in the holes, better tackle breaking ability, etc.

• Fire 5

Even if Newby has a little more speed behind him, I feel like it's void because he will end up getting tackled where Ozigbo finds a way to break free.

Newby ran a 4.46

I've read this several times, how are you getting that he thinks Ozigbo is faster? I'm just wondering because I haven't figured it out. :)

It's nice to know you like to follow my posts and always chime in your commentary though. Thanks for thinking of me.

I was just trying to figure out where you were coming from because I couldn't see it. I wasn't even rude about it and you come back like this? LOL!!

Have a nice day sir.

40 TIMES DON'T MEAN sh#t WHEN YOU STRAP THE PADS ON.

JUST ASK WIFI, HE KNOWS ABOUT ALL THAT STUFF. NATURALLY STRONG, GIFTED, ATHLETIC FAMILY, ETC ETC.

It's said that he runs a 4.0 forty. Pretty sure he'd be a better RB than both Ozigbo and Newby.

Newby ran a 4.46

You're creating a straw man, Blitz. The direct line you quoted from Redux said nothing about Ozigbo being faster than Newby and was talking about Ozigbo's ability to "break free," which doesn't necessarily mean running faster. That could mean better vision in the holes, better tackle breaking ability, etc.

No, I'm not. Everyone is on the Ozigbo bandwagon....but for some reason, Newby starts and shows a running style he's never had...running with authority. Yet, people just put him at 4th string.

It's crazy to me how little faith people have in Newby. He's done nothing but grind the entire time he's been here. I think he's earned respect and yet he gets NONE.

That's not a strawman.

I think Blitz makes a good point here. Newby is doing enough right that the coaches have him as the starter...same last year. And he has definitely made improvements. I can see how folks like me always want the "next guy up" to be THE ONE. Until the coaches see that one of the others is consistently better, they make the call. Having said that, I love the luxury of having three guys that can tote the rock in fine fashion whenever called upon. I like that a lot!

Newby ran a 4.46

No, I'm not. Everyone is on the Ozigbo bandwagon....but for some reason, Newby starts and shows a running style he's never had...running with authority. Yet, people just put him at 4th string.

It's crazy to me how little faith people have in Newby. He's done nothing but grind the entire time he's been here. I think he's earned respect and yet he gets NONE.

That's not a strawman.

You called out a poster for claiming Oz is faster than Newby, which they didn't, and then proceeded to say you'll keep correcting anyone who says Oz is faster. That's a straw man my friend i.e. a misrepresentation of your opponent's opinion.

You're now trying to move the goal posts by suggesting everyone is on the Ozigbo bandwagon - a gross misrepresentation.

• Fire 1

The OP has been updated with week two statistics. Catching numbers were included as both backs made significant plays in the passing game Saturday.

One interesting note - though both backs didn't do much on the ground Saturday, Ozigbo was once again the featured back in the second half, particularly in the rushing game. Newby had zero second half rushing carries.

Kind of felt like Newby should have seen more carries today. Not more than Oz necessarily, but more than he did.

Bryant ended up with more carries than Newby, but he was also the closer when the game was out of reach. Good to see him get some time early though.

Ozigbo got the start if I'm not mistaken.

I like Armstrong running, but not a fan of the QB sweeps that they kept on calling today. I would like to see some pass-run option and bootlegs with Tommy. I think Langsdorf could design plays that like, considering they don't exactly excel elsewhere in the QB run game design.