What did we learn-Wyoming edition

JJ Husker

- Team still lacks discipline

- Tommy is a bit improved in his passing percentage from last season (about 56 - 57% for the year so far), but that is what Tommy is. These coaches shouldn't be throwing the ball 35 times a game...or if they think they have to do that (because they can't design anything better), then they need a different QB. Tommy is very talented, but he's still not this type of QB.

- The special teams are a freaking circus

- The defense is still very bad. There is talent out there, but Banker is a really bad joke that has been played on us by Riley. The only reason the pass defense started to look good in the 2nd half is because Wyoming's QB was hurt.

- Tommy is a bit improved in his passing percentage from last season (about 56 - 57% for the year so far), but that is what Tommy is. These coaches shouldn't be throwing the ball 35 times a game...or if they think they have to do that (because they can't design anything better), then they need a different QB. Tommy is very talented, but he's still not this type of QB.

- The defense is still very bad. There is talent out there, but Banker is a really bad joke that has been played on us by Riley. The only reason the pass defense started to look good in the 2nd half is because Wyoming's QB was hurt.

Now I'm nitpicking, but Armstrong was 89/151 after 4 games (58.9%) last season. This season I think we'll get what we've always gotten with Armstrong. Fantastic plays mixed with boneheaded plays.

We need to stop paying our Special Teams Coordinator. Right now.

Nine guys on the field on an extra point attempt.

https://twitter.com/mppelton/status/774746501025193985

I think so too. I was reluctant to jump on the bandwagon for this and don't think I complained last year but this is year 2. The team would not be any worse with no special teams coach or with a GA as special teams coach. At the very least drop him down to $100k a year if he's recruiting players and don't call him a coach anymore. I dunno.

Same here. For this season I would think we could have Tavita and Williams working with the special teams, and once Williams's suspension is up send Read on down the dusty trail and promote Tavita to TE coach.

Now I'm nitpicking, but Armstrong was 89/151 after 4 games (58.9%) last season. This season I think we'll get what we've always gotten with Armstrong. Fantastic plays mixed with boneheaded plays.

I was just comparing his first two games this year to last year's totals. I believe he ended up around 55% last year (but I'm sure someone will check that and correct me if I'm wrong).

Not much (....what we learned today).

The run game is not as good as it looked in the first game (but it's still pretty good).

Riley is not afraid to run Tommy a lot.

Newby catches the ball well. Very well.

(And in response to some other comments, the pass defense is not good and Tommy's mistakes get worse when there is more pressure. The coaches are trying to limit Tommy's potential downside significantly with limiting the play calls to what he does well.)

I learned that we have no special teams. We should rush 11 on punts and forget about a return.

Against better competition, we will not be able to win by attrition and "wearing them down".

Our receivers are money. Solid across the board.

We are loaded at RB.

Tommy is and will always be Tommy.

I know some hated Gerry's hand off, but I liked it. It's been forever since we had a sh!t talking screw you defensive player capable of getting into the heads of opponents. For full disclosure, if he was on another team, I'd hate it. BUT NU needs that swagger.

I still have no real idea how good we are, can be or can't be. If we could put together 4 solid quarters (I haven't seen that in probably 15 years) we could easily win the West and give the East a fight in the B1G CC if not win.

Still unsure on the staff....

Great game as it was a win. Plus TO, since I can't remember.

• Fire 1