We're in the Danger Zone

Hayseed

Northwestern is terrible......they haven't lived up to expectations..........they're 1-2 against teams they should've beat.

​We, on the other hand, are 3-0 beating a ranked Oregon team and handling the other two teams pretty easily. We'll probably be 7-0 going into the Wisconsin game because in my head that's how it looks on paper. Nothing could possibly go wrong in the next game or even the three after. We could probably just take the week off and party down.

Mark Banker Quote - "I think whoever that defensive player is should shut up and not say anything, and say it in private if he wants to, but don't believe it," the coach said. "It's like one of those things ... You put it in your mouth -- if you taste it, it's one thing. If you swallow it, you'll probably die from it."

Bottom line, "You can't worry about that stuff," he said. "Because as soon as you're up, someone's going to lay the wood to you and you're going to be down."

http://journalstar.c...b86a2c8d5b.html

We're playing on their field......the weather could be bad.....key players could get injured...........it's the first away game.......the flu.....interceptions......penalties......fumbles.........wife makes pie with Colorado peaches causing bad juju.......

It definitely won't come easy and there is a chance for a huge let down. But here are factors I see that help Nebraska maintain focus and win this game they are suppose to win.

-Wearing decently looking alternate uniforms. (I hate changing uniforms, but after a big win like Oregon and going to face a underachieving team in NW, keeping players focused might actually work with silly uniform changes)

-First road game of the year.

However, these two things could also be a reason we lose. Players think they are so flashy with the new unis and coming off a huge win that they can just walk out there and win. And it's also the first road games of the season which can be tough....

Crap.......don't know, just win!

That's the next challenge for this group. They've shown they can beat MSU, UCLA, and Oregon in the last 7 games, now it's about beating 4 teams that we'll be favored to beat. This team isn't talented enough to just show up, they need to play good ball.

We'll see how they handle a little prosperity. NW has given us fits regardless of the type of team they've had since we entered the league.

One game at a time. We always seem to get their best game. They'll will be ready. I'm confident we will be. I hope that it's enough. Just like Oregon, play calling and ST play will be the key.

Hopefully DPE this year will be the second coming form his freshman year performance.

DPE looks great escaping the defenders when he caught the punt, but I was surprised he was caught. Has he lost a step or was that Oregon defender really fast?

One game at a time. We always seem to get their best game. They'll will be ready. I'm confident we will be. I hope that it's enough. Just like Oregon, play calling and ST play will be the key.

Hopefully DPE this year will be the second coming form his freshman year performance.

DPE looks great escaping the defenders when he caught the punt, but I was surprised he was caught. Has he lost a step or was that Oregon defender really fast?

I'm not going to be concerned about him losing a step until we play teams with normal speed. Oregon is fast across the board. I don't know who caught him and how fast he is. I just know Oregon has some really fast players.