Injury updates

mwj98

Tennessee's defense is not worse than Maryland.

Maryland overall defense is ranked 82nd in the nation.

Tennessee's overall defense is ranked 110th in the nation.

Oregon's is the only defense we faced this season that is worse now. They are ranked 126th in the nation.

Our defense is ranked 21st in the nation.

Just for info:

Tennessee's offense is ranked 49th

Nebraska's offense is ranked 84th

Maybe we should start a Healthy update thread, save us some time. /s

Man we are not in good shape.

Further proof of 2 things IMO. We need better depth. The kids that come and then leave thinking they are buried on a depth chart or will take "X" years to see the field need to realize that for the past several years, NU has gone deep into its roster to get guys on the field. They are 1-2 injuries away from getting playing time.

As I pretty much watch most college teams, but obviously follow NU, i wonder how many other teams are this "thin" when injuries hit....

Almost all teams have quality depth issues at positions of the top one of two players go down.

BlitzFirst: Like I said...we'll be fine. Newby is back to 100%, we're missing 1 WR and yes we'll miss him but we have plenty of depth. We're missing Gerry and we have plenty of depth so we'll be fine.

This post reminders me of that meme where the dog is sitting in the middle of his burning house and says, "This is fine."

So, you're saying Armstrong, Bryant (who didn't start), Westerkamp, and Gerry being out to equal = THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!

Seems legit.

Yes. I am not sure how many games you watched this season (I'm assuming all of them?) but Tommy Armstrong IS the Nebraska offense. As he goes, so goes our entire offense.

I mean maybe with an entire month to prep Ryker Fyfe might be serviceable, but Tennessee is not Maryland and we're not in Lincoln for this bowl game.

If your living or dying depended on Ryker Fyfe having an excellent game and Nebraska winning, would you make that bet? Or would you just channel Bender and say, "Well, I'm boned."

And what about our OL? I am not sure who will start. If we're back to having 3-4 walk-ons as starters against the Vols, you think they'll be able to get any push in the run game or protect our QB against the Vols front 7?

So yeah, the Nebraska football team is dealing with way more than just a few players being out.

For the record, Gerry being out makes a bigger hole in that secondary than you realize. He is the "QB" of the defense. His absence will be felt.

This game is a pooh fest waiting to happen. Best case scenario, we keep it close and eek out a 1-2 point win.

More than likely though, we're going to lose. And we will probably lose huge, thinking somewhere between the 30 point loss to Iowa and the 59 point loss to Ohio State.

I am just not convinced this team has its collective mind focused on winning this game. And we've seen what happens to this team when they aren't focused.

There is a decent chance this team will focus on this game although I understand the concerns. After all, the team did well last year vs. UCLA after a losing season and basically backing into the bowl invite because of grades and not football prowess. There were many reasons why the team could have easily have just dumpted the bowl game but obviously did not.

I am hopeful they will got to Tenn and play their butts off. With a great effort, they can win this game, even with Fyfe and a number of the other 'ususal suspects' out. There have to be some young and hungry guys looking forward to their own football futures.

This is a real challenge for Riley and Company but getting teams up after losses and 'average' seasons is not something Riley has never done before. I believe Riley is serious about making Nebraska great again and this is the next step in that process. You don't get to just waste games and not make the effort. Riley knows this. He is recruiting as hard as ever I am sure. This will be a great

BlitzFirst: Like I said...we'll be fine. Newby is back to 100%, we're missing 1 WR and yes we'll miss him but we have plenty of depth. We're missing Gerry and we have plenty of depth so we'll be fine.

This post reminders me of that meme where the dog is sitting in the middle of his burning house and says, "This is fine."

So, you're saying Armstrong, Bryant (who didn't start), Westerkamp, and Gerry being out to equal = THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!

Seems legit.

Yes. I am not sure how many games you watched this season (I'm assuming all of them?) but Tommy Armstrong IS the Nebraska offense. As he goes, so goes our entire offense.

I mean maybe with an entire month to prep Ryker Fyfe might be serviceable, but Tennessee is not Maryland and we're not in Lincoln for this bowl game.

If your living or dying depended on Ryker Fyfe having an excellent game and Nebraska winning, would you make that bet? Or would you just channel Bender and say, "Well, I'm boned."

And what about our OL? I am not sure who will start. If we're back to having 3-4 walk-ons as starters against the Vols, you think they'll be able to get any push in the run game or protect our QB against the Vols front 7?

So yeah, the Nebraska football team is dealing with way more than just a few players being out.

For the record, Gerry being out makes a bigger hole in that secondary than you realize. He is the "QB" of the defense. His absence will be felt.

This game is a pooh fest waiting to happen. Best case scenario, we keep it close and eek out a 1-2 point win.

More than likely though, we're going to lose. And we will probably lose huge, thinking somewhere between the 30 point loss to Iowa and the 59 point loss to Ohio State.

I am just not convinced this team has its collective mind focused on winning this game. And we've seen what happens to this team when they aren't focused.

I'll take NU and 44.5 for $2,000 and NU giving 1 for $500. Would you like my address - now or after the game??? I Prefer small bills!!!

Seems legit.

I'll take NU and 44.5 for $2,000 and NU giving 1 for $500. Would you like my address - now or after the game??? I Prefer small bills!!!

If I took that bet, that would put me in the rather awkward position of "hoping" NU loses and loses by 45 just to win a bet. And no matter how bad Nebraska is playing, I never want them to lose, let alone by 30-59 points.

So while I think NU will probably lose, and given how when they lose things tend to snowball to embarrassing proportions, I will respectfully decline this bet.

Last time I looked Vegas had us as a 3 point dog. Translated that means they think the game will be close. I always look at Vegas spreads to gauge probable outcomes in the games. After all it is all about the money for them.

If Ryker can have a comparable performance that he had against Maryland before the broken wrist during that game. (He has had time to heal I hope and recover to a large degree) , then we will have a decent chance IMO.

Last time I looked Vegas had us as a 3 point dog. Translated that means they think the game will be close. I always look at Vegas spreads to gauge probable outcomes in the games. After all it is all about the money for them.

If Ryker can have a comparable performance that he had against Maryland before the broken wrist, then we will have a decent chance IMO.

So do I!

I think as of right now the line is off though.

My hope is that the seniors step up and decide they don't want to go out on a low note and the new starters want to establish their hold on their positions for next year. If your team isn't in the final four then you are playing for pride. I hope no player fails to give 100% in practice and doesn't want to be the weak link in the chain. Give everything and see how far it goes.

If Ryker can have a comparable performance that he had against Maryland before the broken wrist during that game. (He has had time to heal I hope and recover to a large degree) , then we will have a decent chance IMO.

Weren't we a 3 point dog to Iowa?

I am 99% sure everyone thought the Nebraska vs Iowa game would be really close and we see how that turned out.

Meaning, just because Vegas thinks the Neb-Tenn game will be close, doesn't mean it will be.

• Fire 1