What did we learn-Purdue edition

I don't know what this team does at half time, but it's incredible. Maybe it is as simple as deciding they want to play today. See the defensive stats Mav just posted. The offensive stats leading the FBS...

Can we petition teams to take a 14pt handicap and start in the 3rd quarter from here on out? Games would be shorter and I'd take our team every time lol.

Halftime Adjustment:

"Hey, guys...that is Purdue out there..."

• Fire 2

I don't know what this team does at half time, but it's incredible. Maybe it is as simple as deciding they want to play today. See the defensive stats Mav just posted. The offensive stats leading the FBS...

Can we petition teams to take a 14pt handicap and start in the 3rd quarter from here on out? Games would be shorter and I'd take our team every time lol.

Halftime Adjustment:

"Well sh#t coach, you could have just said that! Okay, we got this."

Halftime Adjustment:

"Well sh#t coach, you could have just said that! Okay, we got this."

Nope. We played like crap in the 3rd quarter last week. Well, the 1st half of 3rd quarter.

I learned that we are still far from healthy and thats why the last 2 weeks have been so unspectacular. Our offensive line is in shambles and it shows. If we can somehow get healthy this week we are capable of giving Wisconsin all they want and then some! (they barely beat imo a bad Iowa team today).

Any word on Carter? He's the difference maker in the perimeter run game.

Right now he's 50-50 to play. Dislocated elbows are tough to recover from.

He will likely be back for tOSU.

I learned that we are still far from healthy and thats why the last 2 weeks have been so unspectacular. Our offensive line is in shambles and it shows. If we can somehow get healthy this week we are capable of giving Wisconsin all they want and then some! (they barely beat imo a bad Iowa team today).

We should have pulled some red shirts a couple games ago. The young guys need experience before facing Wisconsin, and the starters needed the rest. I have to believe healthy red shirts are as good as injured starters.

We should have pulled some red shirts a couple games ago. The young guys need experience before facing Wisconsin, and the starters needed the rest. I have to believe healthy red shirts are as good as injured starters.

You know, that is very interesting. By not pulling some of the redshirts is there a chance that Riley might have hurt the Huskers chance to win the West this year?

The Oline looks so bad right now.

The O-line looks really beat up. At times, some of the guys (e.g., Gates and Knevel) looked like they were really struggling to move laterally or explode into blocks. Probably products of their respective ankle injuries. Not sure about guards and center (that is, if injured or healthy). Seemed like Lorenzo Neal could pretty much do what he wanted yesterday when a run play was called.

You know, that is very interesting. By not pulling some of the redshirts is there a chance that Riley might have hurt the Huskers chance to win the West this year?

The Oline looks so bad right now.

I wonder that as well. I don't know what they look like in practice but the walking wounded and walk-on back ups are getting man handled out there.

I can't see it as intentional but this team has the weirdest strategy:

1. Start fast and take the lead.

2. Play like absolutely poop...not just bad but absolute turd salad on offense while defense keeps you in game.

3. Take slight lead in second half.

4. Put game away on long drives that make fans wonder why that didn't happen all game.

BTW- for as much grief as TA gets (much of it deserved) he won that game yesterday. He had no blocking or run game and made enough plays to win it.

• Fire 4

ABC cant figure out a way to let the audiences see the beginning of a game. Split screens are still too new.

I'm proud of this team for gutting out victories as they continue to recruit quality players.

Play action next week is going to kill NU as they load the box to stuff the run.

NU is going to run a few new, misdirection QB keeper plays at Wisky (designed to slow down their aggressive blitz).