Trump's America

zoogs

John Oliver is the true heir to the Jon Stewart legacy. Unfortunately I don't have HBO, so I don't get to see his show very often.

Maybe I should get the app. It's $15/month, though.

I subscribe to him on youtube and get notifications when a new video is posted. For me, the stuff he posts there is quite extensive and it feels like I'm not missing much. I've been told that the rest of his show is really worth watching too, though.

John Oliver is the true heir to the Jon Stewart legacy. Unfortunately I don't have HBO, so I don't get to see his show very often.Maybe I should get the app. It's $15/month, though.

I've got it right now, it's borderline worth it. If you're going to watch their series then its definitely worth it. The first month is free if you want to try it and see if it's worth it for you.

John Oliver is the true heir to the Jon Stewart legacy. Unfortunately I don't have HBO, so I don't get to see his show very often.

I subscribe to him on youtube and get notifications when a new video is posted. For me, the stuff he posts there is quite extensive and it feels like I'm not missing much. I've been told that the rest of his show is really worth watching too, though.

I've only ever watched the youtube segments as well - they're usually ~20 minutes in length, which is so cool.

Knapp - I can probably get you an hbo login. Shoot me a pm if you so desire.

• Fire 1

I'd say it's worth it now - when he comes back live there will be fireworks. He just did the pipeline and net neutrality in depth and our budding in the house that's white is going to sign those away soon so I'm sure he'll be fired up.

I'd say it's worth it now - when he comes back live there will be fireworks. He just did the pipeline and net neutrality in depth and our budding in the house that's white is going to sign those away soon so I'm sure he'll be fired up.

(and based on what I see of you here Knapp, you'll be "amen-ing" like you're in church when he's on a roll - it's good stuff)

As stupid as I think the wall is, I kind of want it to be built to show people that a) it didn't fix any of the problems illegal immigrants supposedly cause or increase jobs for the people whose jobs are "stolen," and b) probably made some things worse. 'Cause that's what I think would happen.

• Fire 1

As stupid as I think the wall is, I kind of want it to be built to show people that a) it didn't fix any of the problems illegal immigrants supposedly cause or increase jobs for the people whose jobs are "stolen," and b) probably made some things worse. 'Cause that's what I think would happen.

Agreed, and c. When we don't get paid back or are left on at least a 75 year loan.

So... what happens after Trump's fake voter fraud review finds that 3 million illegally voted? Hypothetically if Trump doesn't win the electorate in 2020, and the WH press secretary trots out there and says all the vote counts are wrong and Trump won... what happens then? Because I feel like this charade is a precursor to that.

• Fire 2

So... what happens after Trump's fake voter fraud review finds that 3 million illegally voted? Hypothetically if Trump doesn't win the electorate in 2020, and the WH press secretary trots out there and says all the vote counts are wrong and Trump won... what happens then? Because I feel like this charade is a precursor to that.

All future elections are called off.

I honestly hope more people have the courage to stand up to them like this.

Pulling this administration away from its worst, most destructive impulses is going to be an exercise that we're all going to have to participate in. It's going to take some cajones, because heads will probably roll. But the fact that it's the right thing to do, as opposed to pledging blind allegiance to Comrade Trump, means it is still worth doing.

So what can we do? Honest absolutely non-cynical question - I'm calling my public officials, sending post cards and letters to my congress and senate members, marching in protest, donating to ACLU and PP as well as others locally - what are you all doing that I can join? What can we be doing better or more of?

Find ways to create awareness. All the activities you mention are awesome and you are doing more than most. The only thing I could add is find a way to educate and recruit others. Help those that believe they have no voice to realize they can be heard. Whether this is volunteering for a political group or something else. In our current social & political climate, anyone that can be marginalized will be. Empowering people in one area of their life almost always flows to other areas.

Any entity that needs money can probably also use your time. My passion is typically for education-related programs for the underprivileged & underrepresented. The state education dept, local schools, and colleges all typically some type of volunteers in this regard. Your interest may vary.

It boils down to participation, education, and vigilance... You are doing great in this regard.

I look at it the same way. He will try to put some "protections" in place to prevent it occurring in the future... Just spit-balling but maybe have GOP volunteers vet completed ballots & destroy those found to be fraudulent?!? Or maybe hire someone from NC GOP to assist in this regard...

He will try to put some "protections" in place to prevent it occurring in the future... Just spit-balling but maybe have GOP volunteers vet completed ballots & destroy those found to be fraudulent?!? Or maybe hire someone from NC GOP to assist in this regard...

That's not an outrageous idea. The GOP's main constituency is older Whites, and that demographic is declining in numbers. If they don't do something soon, by weight of sheer demographics alone the 2016 Trump win could be their last in a long, long time.