Repealing the ACA under Trump

HAHAHA, us Americans, just sitting around with our hands out expecting a dole. What a bunch of louts we are!

Republican Senator Blames Health Care Criticism On The Public Wanting “To Take Every Dime They Can”

Senator Orrin Hatch brushed aside public opposition to the Republicans’ health care plan Tuesday as people looking for a handout.

The American Health Care Act, which was passed by a majority of House Republicans last week, has come under fire from lobby groups including the American Medical Association and the AARP, as well as a large swath of the general public, according to recent polls.

Hatch, a Utah Republican who is currently working on the bill in the Senate, was asked Tuesday how that public reaction will affect the decisions senators are making on the bill.

“The public wants every dime they can be given. I mean face it, once you get them on the dole they’re going to take every dime they can,” said Hatch.

“We’ve got to find some way of getting things under control or this country in the near future is going to be gone.”

Meanwhile, some Republicans get it:

Senator Rob Portman of Ohio was in the same meeting as Hatch, and said Tuesday that he wants to see some kind of protections for the 700,000 people in his state that gained insurance through the Medicaid expansion.

“It’s important to me because one, we’re facing the worst drug crisis in the history of our country and more people are dying from opioid overdoses than any other cause of accidental death,” said Portman. “In my own state it’s at epidemic levels. This [Medicaid] expanded population is heavily impacted by that.”

• Fire 2

And that's the "best" America can do.

Whereas my sister-in-law suffered a significant back injury, went through treatment & rehab and subsequent doctor/chiropractor visits, AND gave birth to two children, all while living in France under universal healthcare.

Guess how much that cost her? Combined, less than the lowest per-month premium in BRB's post.

THAT is proper healthcare.

But...it's asinine. NOBODY is doing anything to reduce the cost of healthcare.

The ACA put in a program that provided subsidized one heck of a lot of people's premiums.....great....they can afford it, but the rest of us are paying for it.

The AHCA is trying to put in place sort of the same thing but taking away one heck of a lot of those subsidies.

So....the cost hasn't changed and nobody has motivation to actually fight to reduce costs. Meanwhile, the system is raping people of large amounts of their income.

• Fire 1

HAHAHA, us Americans, just sitting around with our hands out expecting a dole. What a bunch of louts we are!

Republican Senator Blames Health Care Criticism On The Public Wanting To Take Every Dime They Can

Senator Orrin Hatch brushed aside public opposition to the Republicans health care plan Tuesday as people looking for a handout.

The American Health Care Act, which was passed by a majority of House Republicans last week, has come under fire from lobby groups including the American Medical Association and the AARP, as well as a large swath of the general public, according to recent polls.

Hatch, a Utah Republican who is currently working on the bill in the Senate, was asked Tuesday how that public reaction will affect the decisions senators are making on the bill.

The public wants every dime they can be given. I mean face it, once you get them on the dole theyre going to take every dime they can, said Hatch.

Weve got to find some way of getting things under control or this country in the near future is going to be gone.

Meanwhile, some Republicans get it:

Senator Rob Portman of Ohio was in the same meeting as Hatch, and said Tuesday that he wants to see some kind of protections for the 700,000 people in his state that gained insurance through the Medicaid expansion.

Its important to me because one, were facing the worst drug crisis in the history of our country and more people are dying from opioid overdoses than any other cause of accidental death, said Portman. In my own state its at epidemic levels. This [Medicaid] expanded population is heavily impacted by that.

We will happily pay for our Healthcare Mr Hatch as soon as you do something to stop the health industry from robbing the consumer blind by price gouging our wellbeing.

Rep Tom MacArthur gets taken to the cleaners by the hero we don't deserve:

Gotta give kudos to MacAurthur for sticking around. I heard he stayed for like a full five hours including long after the town hall to answer all questions.

But he's still going to lose his job for signing his name onto the awful amendment that got the AHCA passed.

• Fire 2

Rep Tom MacArthur gets taken to the cleaners by the hero we don't deserve:

Gotta give kudos to MacAurthur for sticking around. I heard he stayed for like a full five hours including long after the town hall to answer all questions.

But he's still going to lose his job for signing his name onto the awful amendment that got the AHCA passed.

1,000,000,000 rep to that guy

You guys aren't going to believe this after the careful and well-thought-out way the Republicans rammed their Obamacare repeal down the House's throat, but...

House May Be Forced to Vote Again on GOP's Obamacare Repeal Bill

House Republicans barely managed to pass their Obamacare repeal bill earlier this month, and they now face the possibility of having to vote again on their controversial health measure.

House Speaker Paul Ryan hasn’t yet sent the bill to the Senate because there’s a chance that parts of it may need to be redone, depending on how the Congressional Budget Office estimates its effects. House leaders want to make sure the bill conforms with Senate rules for reconciliation, a mechanism that allows Senate Republicans to pass the bill with a simple majority.

Republicans had rushed to vote on the health bill so the Senate could get a quick start on it, even before the CBO had finished analyzing a series of last-minute changes. The CBO is expected to release an updated estimate next week.

"Unaware," said Representative Jeff Denham of California, with noticeable surprise Thursday, when advised that his party leaders still hadn’t sent the bill over to the Senate. Denham was one of the House Republicans who ended up voting for the measure, after earlier in the week opposing it.

"I am on the whip team and we have a lot of conversations, but we have not had that one. So I am going to look into it," said Denham, a member of the party’s vote-counting team.

• Fire 1

Ya know, anymore when I read or hear anything about this administration or congress, the tune "Entry of the Gladiators" begins to play in my head.

If you're not familiar with the song, Google it. It's what I would call prototypical carnival music.

• Fire 2
Like I've been saying, when the GOP compromised on try #2 it was with the far right. Not the moderate Republicans and Democrats. So it got worse.

And if the worst changes don't go into effect until 2020 the Republicans who aren't interested in the truth unless it affects them personally will be none the wiser.

• Fire 2