Repealing the ACA under Trump

Maybe they didn't want to pay the penalty for not signing up?!?!?
Or, like me, they've found out how devastatingly detrimental the ACA is and they'd like it gone.

Are you sure the thing replacing it will be less detrimental?

Going back to the pre-ACA would be better. Not sure about what the current administration has planned but maybe we just have to get it jammed down our throats to see what it is, just like they did with the ACA.

No, neither condition is acceptable. I don't care if it gets repealed or not but it needs to be seriously tweaked to address the cost problem and the provisions that did away with preexisting condition exclusions, mandated coverage, removed lifetime limits, and made it more accessible and covered more people, need to be preserved and possibly expanded/strengthened. I have seen nothing to indicate those curgently in charge will go in that direction but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Maybe they didn't want to pay the penalty for not signing up?!?!?

Or, like me, they've found out how devastatingly detrimental the ACA is and they'd like it gone.

Are you sure the thing replacing it will be less detrimental?

Going back to the pre-ACA would be better. Not sure about what the current administration has planned but maybe we just have to get it jammed down our throats to see what it is, just like they did with the ACA.

Haha, nope! Before the ACA, insurance companies could deny you coverage for virtually any reason, most especially pre-existing conditions. The other back-breaker was the annual and lifetime coverage limits. "You actually have an expensive medical condition for which you bought this insurance for years? Well, that's not good for our profits, so you'll need to pay the rest yourself." Additionally, premiums and deductibles were both rising at unsustainable rates.

Paraphrasing the last few seconds of the clip: "There's gonna be an explosion. We need to sit back and let it explode, so the Democrats come crawling for help"

That scares the crap out of me.

1. Create unnecessary chaos.

2. Blame Democrats

3. Watch people die and film it for campaign commercials

4. Profit...err, I mean get re-elected....no, I think I actually mean "profit"

Behind closed doors, Republican lawmakers fret about how to repeal Obamacare

PHILADELPHIA — Republican lawmakers aired sharp concerns about their party’s quick push to repeal the Affordable Care Act inside a closed-door meeting Thursday, according to a recording of the session obtained by The Washington Post.

The recording reveals a GOP that appears to be filled with doubts about how to make good on a long-standing promise to get rid of Obamacare without explicit guidance from President Trump or his administration. The thorny issues lawmakers grapple with on the tape — including who may end up either losing coverage or paying more under a revamped system — highlight the financial and political challenges that flow from upending the current law.

Senators and House members expressed a range of concerns about the task ahead: how to prepare a replacement plan that can be ready to launch at the time of repeal; how to avoid deep damage to the health insurance market; how to keep premiums afforda∞ble for middle-class families; even how to avoid the political consequences of defunding Planned Parenthood, the women’s health-care organization, as many Republicans hope to do with the repeal of the ACA.

It turns out spending all your time attacking your opponents and not lifting a finger to actually, you know, think about healthcare, is not the best approach when the time comes to pay the piper.

It would almost be comical, if we weren't talking about upending everyone's healthcare.

This is a bit worrying though - the article makes it seem as if Trump's administration itself is still barreling full steam ahead towards repeal and replace, while the Congressional GOP squabbles over the basics of what they're trying to do. Could there be a bit of a disconnect there?

• Fire 2