Big ten championship

mwj98

I think we win out so we would have to hope on Wisconsin. We have kept it close or won every game we have played vs teams similar or less talented than we are. I don't see that trend changing just based on our style of play, and after what happened last year against Iowa I just dont see us letting that one get away.

So...

If we beat Maryland and Iowa...

Wisconsin loses to Minnesota..

Penn State wins out.................

Michigan loses to tOSU...........

Nebraska will be your B1G Champs and will be in the playoffs.

Also, if Wisky doesn't lose, they will be your champs in that scenario.

Nebraska isn't making the playoff in this scenario.
Sorry, but 10-2 and B1G Champs is in, bud. Hopefully it happens so you can eat crow.

It would be B1G Champ and tOSU both getting in.

lol no.

• Fire 1

So...

Sorry, but 10-2 and B1G Champs is in, bud. Hopefully it happens so you can eat crow.

lol no.

Ohio State wins out they are in. No two loss team will make the CFP. Final four (in order of rank): Alabama, Clemson, OSU, and either Louisville or Washington. Alabama is the only team that can lose and still get in. I realize Louisville & Washington's schedules are not impressive, but the committee will take the one loss team over a two loss team.

So...

lol no.

Ohio State wins out they are in. No two loss team will make the CFP. Final four (in order of rank): Alabama, Clemson, OSU, and either Louisville or Washington. Alabama is the only team that can lose and still get in. I realize Louisville & Washington's schedules are not impressive, but the committee will take the one loss team over a two loss team.

Unless Penn State wins out and wins the CCG. Which they have both Head to head and a conference championship over Ohio St.

Ohio State is on the outside looking in.

So...

we would've had a good shot at being in at 11-2 had we not lost 62-3 last week.

Seems like to me that there is one game missing in all this discussion and that is the one where a 2 loss Nebrasak backs into the CCG with a Wiscy loss to Minne but nobody has referenced the loser of the Neb vs. East winner (OhioState or Michigan or Penn State). None of the east winners can make it if Nebraska makes it as they will have 3 losses I believe (Michigan, Ohio State or PSU). Either Ohio State or Mich will have two losses BEFORE the CCG and then lose again in the champ to us (of course I don't think we have much chance of winning that CCG - 62-3 is an indication of the great challenge we would face if put in that game.

I tend to think the playoffs will feature 4 teams and NONE will have two losses (Even Bama with two losses is outside looking in at the time selection takes place). There will surely be 4 one loss teams left. If not, a two loss Bama as SEC champs or two loss Ohio State or Mich or even PSU (/) or Washington or Louisville or Clemson or somebody of the recent top 4 ranks.

There will need to be a bunch of losses by all the teams in top ten for us to ever get anywhere near the top 4. IMO

Penn State, Wisconsin and Nebraska are out even if they win the league. Michigan and Ohio State are in with one loss, but only one of them and they HAVE to win the title game.

In the Pac 12, Washington is literally the only team that could get in right now by winning the league.

The Big 12? HA, they're out regardless.

ACC, Clemson still has the inside track to win the league and get into the playoff. Their one loss was pretty questionable. Also, Louisville at 11-1 has a strong shot right now.

SEC, Bama clinched the West and has almost no shot at losing the title game to whatever crap team in the East wins. They could lose to Auburn and have it not even effect them.

So to sum things up: 1-Alabama, 2-Clemson, 3-Ohio State or Michigan and 4-Washington or Louisville. And that's if the expected teams win their respective leauges. For funsies, let's say chaos ensues:

SEC-Bama loses title game to....IDK, Florida?

ACC-Clemson manages to drop the title game to FSU.

B1G-PSU gets the nod and beats us or Wiscy.

Big12-LOLOLOLOLOL

PAC12-Washington loses the Apple cup, Wazzu loses to USC or Utah or Colorado?

So all the conference champs have 2 losses or more, yet say Bama, Ohio State and Louisville all only have one loss. So who gets in? Bama's a lock. Ohio State probably does too. Then the choice comes down between Louisville and or a two loss SEC, ACC, and Big Ten champ. I bet Louisville gets the nod too. So we have 3 non champs in the playoff and have one spot to fill and 5 Power 5 conference champs. In this scenario it's pretty much between whatever sham won the SEC and Penn State with 2 losses.

Whatever happens is going to be really interesting, reminds me of 2007. Only this time around the chaos of choosing 4 teams will be pretty interesting.

Penn State, Wisconsin and Nebraska are out even if they win the league. Michigan and Ohio State are in with one loss, but only one of them and they HAVE to win the title game.

In the Pac 12, Washington is literally the only team that could get in right now by winning the league.

The Big 12? HA, they're out regardless.

ACC, Clemson still has the inside track to win the league and get into the playoff. Their one loss was pretty questionable. Also, Louisville at 11-1 has a strong shot right now.

SEC, Bama clinched the West and has almost no shot at losing the title game to whatever crap team in the East wins. They could lose to Auburn and have it not even effect them.

So to sum things up: 1-Alabama, 2-Clemson, 3-Ohio State or Michigan and 4-Washington or Louisville. And that's if the expected teams win their respective leauges. For funsies, let's say chaos ensues:

SEC-Bama loses title game to....IDK, Florida?

ACC-Clemson manages to drop the title game to FSU.

B1G-PSU gets the nod and beats us or Wiscy.

Big12-LOLOLOLOLOL

PAC12-Washington loses the Apple cup, Wazzu loses to USC or Utah or Colorado?

So all the conference champs have 2 losses or more, yet say Bama, Ohio State and Louisville all only have one loss. So who gets in? Bama's a lock. Ohio State probably does too. Then the choice comes down between Louisville and or a two loss SEC, ACC, and Big Ten champ. I bet Louisville gets the nod too. So we have 3 non champs in the playoff and have one spot to fill and 5 Power 5 conference champs. In this scenario it's pretty much between whatever sham won the SEC and Penn State with 2 losses.

Whatever happens is going to be really interesting, reminds me of 2007. Only this time around the chaos of choosing 4 teams will be pretty interesting.

Not that it matters but FSU is in the same division as Clemson.