***Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

So far Iowa looks like traditional Nebraska.......but this possession is when we turn the corner.

Wisky and Iowa, look like NU of old. Play the same "style" of football and we can't beat them. Recruit the same areas, have the same recruiting obstacles and still beat us.......The answer? Get back to being NU.....Its really that simple....

Am I the only one that thinks going for two there is dumb?

In a normal game yes, but when you are playing a MR coached team with Langs calling the plays, and an injured TA at QB, it doesn't matter.

The thinking was that three TDs with 2-point conversions ties the game at 27. If Iowa got the 2 there, it would be a 4-score lead. Won't matter today, but that's why

When they lowered the scholarship level and NU decided it needed to be a finesse passing team instead of being a power football team.

Not sure when the wheels fell off the wagon. Was it the Callahan years that stole their desire? Pelini and his antics? Eichorst? Not the same NU program I grew up with in the 80's and the 90's, for sure.

I think it goes all the way back to that short guy that Osborne named as his successor. Recruiting died and never returned, except for a sprinkling of JC transfers Callahan grabbed out of desperation.