Trump Inauguration

Today was a great day!!! Also found this quite interesting

Why?
Because we got a new president
So... you're comparing Booth's disdain for Lincoln to many's disdain for a guy who has:

-Literally said he will build a costly wall between Mexico and the US (And that's a bad thing? Probably won't happen but I'm sure he'll tighten up the border though)

-Called on a foreign government to hack his opponent (Crooked hiliary...fine by me and he was joking)

-Wants to ban muslims from entering this country (There's a difference between banning and doing thorough more in depth background checks)

-Treats sexual assualt as a joke (Ya cause no man has ever talked that way around their boys?)

-Has insinuate that if his opponent should have won she should be killed (Never heard that but only that she should be in jail and that he would put her there if he wins)

-Calls women fat, pigs, and nasty (Called a former pageant fat so I guess he's a meany to all women but disregard all the women he has empowered by promoting them within his business)

-Mocked a person for their disability (This has been so overblown. Trump talks like that. Even mocked himself and Cruz months and years before this so-called incident.

)

-Refused to release his taxes (who cares really? I don't ask my parents to release their tax information for me to see)

-Has tried to put people in his cabinet who; plagiarized their college thesis, have been linked to racist ideas/behaviors, are essentially unqualified for their position (Haven't all presidents been accused of this as well? Also his cabinet isn't even done, it's barely started so a lot of what you heard where rumors)

-Refuses to remove his company from his family to clear up any ethical issues (He's stated that he could run both but chooses not too and will solely focus on his Presidency. If he can be successful at running both than why is this an issue?)

-Is essentially in bed with Russia (Ha)

-And has called the majority of America his enemy...(Mainly the media which is true)

Seems like a good comparison.

Why?
So... you're comparing Booth's disdain for Lincoln to many's disdain for a guy who has:

-Literally said he will build a costly wall between Mexico and the US

-Called on a foreign government to hack his opponent

-Wants to ban muslims from entering this country

-Treats sexual assualt as a joke

-Has insinuate that if his opponent should have won she should be killed

-Calls women fat, pigs, and nasty

-Mocked a person for their disability

-Refused to release his taxes

-Has tried to put people in his cabinet who; plagiarized their college thesis, have been linked to racist ideas/behaviors, are essentially unqualified for their position

-Refuses to remove his company from his family to clear up any ethical issues

-Is essentially in bed with Russia

-And has called the majority of America his enemy...

So misguided

I hope your work offers a cry room for you

Then please, show me the error of my ways. Why did you post that video? Why are you insinuating I'm a cry baby? Why am I misguided?
I can't explain Mike Rowes reasoning for the video, only he can do that so here is his response (I changed the Facebook users name to yours)

In no way, Zod, have I compared Trump to Lincoln. What Ive done, is compare the conditions that existed in the country today, with those that existed in the wake of another contentious presidential election a century and a half ago. Those conditions strike me as interesting: Two Republicans, each of whom believed they were going to lose the election, wound up winning. Each candidate was viscerally hated by half the county, each vowed to transform the border, each treated the press with contempt, and each was considered by many to be a tyrant. One hundred and fifty years ago, a lot of Americans were absolutely convinced that Abraham Lincoln was an illegitimate president. Many today feel the same about Trump.

Does that mean the same thing will happen with Donald Trump? No. Does it mean that Trump and Lincoln share any personality traits, or that history will remember Trump as fondly as Lincoln? Of course not. It simply means that the certainty you feel today regarding Trump being the next Hitler is no different than the certainty felt by millions of Lincolns detractors back then. Its the feelings Im comparing, Jason not the candidates. Listen to the story again, and Ill bet you agree.

Mike

The spin is unbelievable.

So the main defenses of Trump are

1. Relax it was just a joke

2. Other people do that too

3. He lied about what he said and didn't actually mean it

4. If my parents shouldn't do it why should the President?

5. That's just rumors

Truly unbelievable. The mental gymnastics involved are staggering. But hey, anything for someone that had an R next to their name on the ballot.

Why?

-Literally said he will build a costly wall between Mexico and the US

-Called on a foreign government to hack his opponent

-Wants to ban muslims from entering this country

-Treats sexual assualt as a joke

-Has insinuate that if his opponent should have won she should be killed

-Calls women fat, pigs, and nasty

-Mocked a person for their disability

-Refused to release his taxes

-Has tried to put people in his cabinet who; plagiarized their college thesis, have been linked to racist ideas/behaviors, are essentially unqualified for their position

-Refuses to remove his company from his family to clear up any ethical issues

-Is essentially in bed with Russia

-And has called the majority of America his enemy...

So misguided

I hope your work offers a cry room for you

Then please, show me the error of my ways. Why did you post that video? Why are you insinuating I'm a cry baby? Why am I misguided?
I can't explain Mike Rowes reasoning for the video, only he can do that so here is his response (I changed the Facebook users name to yours)

In no way, Zod, have I compared Trump to Lincoln. What Ive done, is compare the conditions that existed in the country today, with those that existed in the wake of another contentious presidential election a century and a half ago. Those conditions strike me as interesting: Two Republicans, each of whom believed they were going to lose the election, wound up winning. Each candidate was viscerally hated by half the county, each vowed to transform the border, each treated the press with contempt, and each was considered by many to be a tyrant. One hundred and fifty years ago, a lot of Americans were absolutely convinced that Abraham Lincoln was an illegitimate president. Many today feel the same about Trump.

Does that mean the same thing will happen with Donald Trump? No. Does it mean that Trump and Lincoln share any personality traits, or that history will remember Trump as fondly as Lincoln? Of course not. It simply means that the certainty you feel today regarding Trump being the next Hitler is no different than the certainty felt by millions of Lincolns detractors back then. Its the feelings Im comparing, Jason not the candidates. Listen to the story again, and Ill bet you agree.

Mike

Does Rowe realize that those sentiments led to civil war? Let's hope the similarities aren't too strong.

• Fire 2

This topic doesn't matter but the precedent is scary as hell.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/index.html

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.

Spicer, at times almost yelling while reading a prepared statement, took no questions. CNNMoney called his cell phone a few minutes later; he did not answer.

Some longtime White House correspondents were stunned by the tirade.

Hypothetically if Trump loses the electoral vote in 2020, will it even be a challenge for Trump to say the media is lying about election numbers? And will the Republicans go along with it and let him stay in office?

• Fire 1

This topic doesn't matter but the precedent is scary as hell.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/index.html

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.

Spicer, at times almost yelling while reading a prepared statement, took no questions. CNNMoney called his cell phone a few minutes later; he did not answer.

Some longtime White House correspondents were stunned by the tirade.

Hypothetically if Trump loses the electoral vote in 2020, will it even be a challenge for Trump to say the media is lying about election numbers? And will the Republicans go along with it and let him stay in office?

somewhere Baghdad Bob is smiling

• Fire 4

To add on to these last few posts:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/21/14347952/trump-spicer-press-conference-crowd-size-inauguration

The Trump administration is creating a baseline expectation among its loyalists that they can’t trust anything said by the media. The spat over crowd size is a low-stakes, semi-comic dispute, but the groundwork is being laid for much more consequential debates over what is, and isn’t, true.

Delegitimizing the institutions that might report inconvenient or damaging facts about the president is strategic for an administration that has made a slew of impossible promises and takes office amid a cloud of ethics concerns and potential scandals.