Trump Legal Troubles

It would be kinda amusing in a tragic way, if his ego and lust for power got him locked up and his family's assets seized.  I know he wouldn't ever have the wherewithal to look back and point the thumbs at himself when diagnosing what went wrong, narcissist that he is, but at least the history books would.

It would be the most poetic end to the baby-boomers running the country.  Narcissism, willful ignorance, and hubris leading them into a hell of their own making.

• Plus1 3

12 minutes ago, methodical said:

It would be the most poetic end to the baby-boomers running the country.  Narcissism, willful ignorance, and hubris leading them into a hell of their own making.

This is truly their legacy. They'll forever be remembered as the generation that elected Trump. A spoiled, me-first generation that spurned the generations before them and left wreckage in their wake for the generations afterward to clean up.

Gen Xers & Millennials, this is your job: To clean up the mess left by the Baby Boomers.

I have every confidence they'll be up to the task.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, methodical said:

It would be kinda amusing in a tragic way, if his ego and lust for power got him locked up and his family's assets seized.  I know he wouldn't ever have the wherewithal to look back and point the thumbs at himself when diagnosing what went wrong, narcissist that he is, but at least the history books would.

i wouldn't throw all baby boomers under that bus.  i am a  member of that group and i think the nicest thing I've ever said about trump would be more than enough to get me thrown out of any jury duty obligations concerning him.

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

lol....this is classic trump.  he can't defend what he did in his meeting with putin...so he says "look, a squirrel" and get's people to look away from the real target.   and while we are talking about this he gets away with his puffing of putin

12 hours ago, commando said:

i wouldn't throw all baby boomers under that bus.  i am a  member of that group and i think the nicest thing I've ever said about trump would be more than enough to get me thrown out of any jury duty obligations concerning him.

#NotAllBabies

• Plus1 1

CNN obtained the Cohen-Trump recording last night and people made a pretty big deal out of it. Nothing mind-blowing there, I listened to it all - basically just confirming that Trump lied when he said he didn't know about the Karen McDougal payments prior to the election. Cohen set up a shell company to pay the National Enquirer guy to buy the story & bury it. Pretty vanilla for this presidency, as weird as that is to say.

Two things about it I did think were significant, though:

1. Cohen specially mentioned he was going to loop the Trump Organization CFO in on the payments, indicating they likely tried to use Trump Org funds for this. Any type of lawsuit or investigation would seemingly get to the heart of the Trump Org finances, and opening up those books could create a lot of headaches for Trump.

2. Cohen himself flipping to cooperate with Mueller would be gargantuan. He's the dude that knows where all the bodies are buried, so to speak, since he's been Trump's personal lawyer for so long. Depending on just how much Cohen gives up on Trump and his business empire, the president may come to sorely rue the day he decided to toss Cohen under the bus.

32 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

CNN obtained the Cohen-Trump recording last night and people made a pretty big deal out of it. Nothing mind-blowing there, I listened to it all - basically just confirming that Trump lied when he said he didn't know about the Karen McDougal payments prior to the election. Cohen set up a shell company to pay the National Enquirer guy to buy the story & bury it. Pretty vanilla for this presidency, as weird as that is to say.

Two things about it I did think were significant, though:

1. Cohen specially mentioned he was going to loop the Trump Organization CFO in on the payments, indicating they likely tried to use Trump Org funds for this. Any type of lawsuit or investigation would seemingly get to the heart of the Trump Org finances, and opening up those books could create a lot of headaches for Trump.

2. Cohen himself flipping to cooperate with Mueller would be gargantuan. He's the dude that knows where all the bodies are buried, so to speak, since he's been Trump's personal lawyer for so long. Depending on just how much Cohen gives up on Trump and his business empire, the president may come to sorely rue the day he decided to toss Cohen under the bus.

I believe I read it was Cohen who gave the audio to the press. Every time I see video of him walking around in public I'm wishing he was in a safe house. 

18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I believe I read it was Cohen who gave the audio to the press. Every time I see video of him walking around in public I'm wishing he was in a safe house. 

I think you are thinking of the Clintons!!  But yes, I too have thought that there is a lot riding on his testimony and maybe he should be protected. 

22 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Yes, I'm quoting myself. Yes, I know that's douchy.

Anyway, it looks like I was on to something here. The CFO got hit with a subpoena today.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I think you are thinking of the Clintons!!   

No, he's probably thinking of Trump's benefactor, Russia, and their penchant for killing those that make trouble for them abroad:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/03/06/sergei-skripal-alexander-litvinenko-russia-spy-london-robertson-pkg.cnn

• Plus1 1