The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is just as idiotic as saying he caused gas prices to go down last summer and Biden caused them to increase this summer.

But, it shows him as still being the lying piece of s#!t he has always been.  LINK

I mean, there's zero doubt that Donald Trump drove the ratings numbers of all news outlets, above and beyond any predictable election cycle. 

Hurricanes, building collapses, and celebrity deaths drive big numbers, too, so it's not exactly a badge of honor, Don. But yes, people tuned in because you truly were unprecedented, a hurricane and building collapse that happened every day, with half of the country rooting for the hurricane and building collapse. 

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Imagine that.  Playing the race card again.  Is there anytime you don’t play the race card when it doesn’t fit? 

I was wondering about this too. Racism accusations seem to be overused to the point where actual racism is being ignored. And some racist proclamations, like yoga, apple pie, and sheet music seem very nonsensical. Maybe I am just dense.  I am sure there are racists in the Dakotas, but it's not the first thing that comes to mind, especially with border controls becoming more popular among Hispanics.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Does it though? The Guard is prohibited by law from engaging in law enforcement acts within the US; which means they can't arrest smugglers or detain illegal border crossers. They are there to observe, give rides, and provide labor for construction projects.

Thanks. That would seem like good utilization of their forces then. Extra eyes and do duties that would free up the actual BP agents.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

120 Republicans voted to keep statues of traitors in the US Capitol. 

There are museums where these statues could be displayed. Why do they think they need to be in the building that represents the country that these people betrayed?

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

120 Republicans voted to keep statues of traitors in the US Capitol. 

There are museums where these statues could be displayed. Why do they think they need to be in the building that represents the country that these people betrayed?

5FE6967D-C3D0-4B7E-89EF-41FECE8CEB0A.thumb.png.19a9179ac8af6ef0393ddec45539d59e.png

16 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Thanks. That would seem like good utilization of their forces then. Extra eyes and do duties that would free up the actual BP agents.

If that's your take... Illegal crossings from Mexico have been on a downward trend for almost two decades. Also the majority of illegal crossings are asylum seekers, and the majority of illegal immigration is actually over stayed visas. So to me, it seems like a waste of tax payer funds.

• Plus1 4
18 minutes ago, ZRod said:

If that's your take... Illegal crossings from Mexico have been on a downward trend for almost two decades. Also the majority of illegal crossings are asylum seekers, and the majority of illegal immigration is actually over stayed visas. So to me, it seems like a waste of tax payer funds.

All things that seem to get ignored in the discussion.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, ZRod said:

There were 180,000 arrested for illegally crossing the border in April of this year. I am aware that overstays account for the largest percentage of illegal immigrants. So, in your mind, there should be no controls at all? 

Border arrests in April hit their highest level since at least the early 2000s, and they’re up 63% from April 2019 and more than tenfold from April 2020 (arrests plummeted after former President Donald Trump began rapidly expelling migrants last spring).

Over 60% of last month’s arrestees were single adults, mostly hailing from Mexico — the vast majority of single adults were expelled to the other side of the border within hours, because President Joe Biden has partly continued Trump’s controversial expulsion rule.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/05/11/southern-border-crossings-hit-record-levels-last-month 

17 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

The national guard is way over qualified to be providing the services mentioned.

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

There were 180,000 arrested for illegally crossing the border in April of this year. I am aware that overstays account for the largest percentage of illegal immigrants. So, in your mind, there should be no controls at all? 

Border arrests in April hit their highest level since at least the early 2000s, and they’re up 63% from April 2019 and more than tenfold from April 2020 (arrests plummeted after former President Donald Trump began rapidly expelling migrants last spring).

Over 60% of last month’s arrestees were single adults, mostly hailing from Mexico — the vast majority of single adults were expelled to the other side of the border within hours, because President Joe Biden has partly continued Trump’s controversial expulsion rule.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2021/05/11/southern-border-crossings-hit-record-levels-last-month 

He is talking about using the national guard. Not about having Border Patrol.

• Plus1 1