The Republican Utopia

50 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It was in Gods plan that the Isrealites be enslaved by Egyptians for a period of time so just because you are a part of Gods plan doesn't always mean you are on the right side of it.

Exactly.

According to Perry's and FoxNews' logic, Hitler was also a chosen one.  These people are so f#&%ed up in the head, it's scary!

• Plus1 2

Just now, BlitzFirst said:

It wasn't.  It made it seem that NM was addressing the person wearing the uniform...not Trump

No not really. Everything after he sees himself as the war criminals is Trumps state of mind. You seem to be the only one who didn't catch that. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, NM11046 said:

He see's himself as these "war criminals".  Treated unfairly - misunderstood.  With the uniform and being in a position of power for the US they should be able to do whatever they want.

It doesn't stop with just soldiers in uniform...you've pretty much described Trump's constituency and his policy making. Unlimited power for spoiled white boomers and white racists with zero consequences...

...all in the name of God, of course.  

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Thats whatbTrump thinks. Authority shouldn't be questioned. I thought it was pretty clear NM was portraying Trumps state of mind.

Yes - this is what I meant. I know he never wore a uniform, but he thinks he is most powerful and that his actions should not be questioned.  He sees these men in uniform also as having power that others do not, and that they should be respected above all others.  He feels any "slight" as a matter of disrespect.  These men were "treated unfairly" and that's his MO when anything is said that he disagrees with.

Dont even get me started about race as I've got some suspicions there as well.

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Cool, thanks for the clarification.  Not sure why I read it the way I did.  Mondays, amiright?

No sweat - I am sure I wrote it silly - I'm finding today that my hands are typing about a word ahead of what my mind is thinking, so it's possible it's all me.

I was just thinking - one of the most bonding moments for this president and his followers was the whole diatribe about kneeling during the national anthem.

• This initiative was being led by a draft dodger.
  • By a draft dodger that goes into towns for rallies and does not pay the police who protect him.
  • A draft dodger, who lacks respect for the hard work of the local police who guard him and then pardons admitted war criminals.  
    • War criminals that had their platoons testify against them.  
    • War criminals that were taking their murderous ways so far that platoon members rigged their sniper rifle so that it was less accurate in hopes of lessoning the asasinations of innocent civilians.  
    • War criminals that leadership within the military expressed should not be forgiven and should not have their status restored.
    • War criminals who forced the resignation of leadership far more honorable than them because they felt so strongly that this president was making mortal error in this move.
  • All this, by a selfish coward that dodged a draft, and lost all daddy's money and had to ask Uncle Puuty for more.

How anyone can be so stupid as to fall for the "he respects the flag" "he loves the troops" "he supports our military" there is no fixing stupid.

edit:  and I totally forgot the issues with him refusing initially to lower the flags upon McCains' death, having his staff HIDE THE MCCAIN BATTLESHIP when he travelled so he wouldn't have to see it in port.  And, his lack of respect for Col Vindman, a purple heart recipient, AND his repeated insults to the Kahn's a Gold Star Family - and I'm sure I'm missing other flagrant examples of lack of respect for those in uniform.

• Plus1 3