The Republican Utopia

17 hours ago, commando said:

“It used to be thought that a university campus was a place where you’d be exposed to a lot of different ideas,” DeSantis said. “Unfortunately, now the norm is, these are more intellectually repressive environments. You have orthodoxies that are promoted, and other viewpoints are shunned or even suppressed.”

also Ron DeSantis:

“We are going to get the Florida political apparatus involved so we can make sure there’s not a single school board member who supports critical race theory,” DeSantis said.

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article251909718.html

• Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, funhusker said:

“It used to be thought that a university campus was a place where you’d be exposed to a lot of different ideas,” DeSantis said. “Unfortunately, now the norm is, these are more intellectually repressive environments. You have orthodoxies that are promoted, and other viewpoints are shunned or even suppressed.”

also Ron DeSantis:

“We are going to get the Florida political apparatus involved so we can make sure there’s not a single school board member who supports critical race theory,” DeSantis said.

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article251909718.html

What stupid pieces of s#!t. 

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

also Ron DeSantis:

This morning on NPR, there was an interview with someone who has studied the first paragraph, and this person (and I) agree that right now, conservative views are not well represented on college campuses in class rooms.  The person being interviewed indicated that he was of more of a liberal view point, and even he was concerned about what his study showed. 

His opinion was that college campuses should be a place where a wide range of view points on issues are welcome and gives students the ability to learn from all of them.

The second paragraph above just proves DeSantis is an idiot.  So.....he's saying he's upset that conservative views aren't on campuses, but he want's to suppress CRT.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The second paragraph above just proves DeSantis is an idiot.  So.....he's saying he's upset that conservative views aren't on campuses, but he want's to suppress CRT.  :facepalm:

Cause he doesn’t want racist rhetoric taught 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

Mainstream liberal media and Social media have attempted to smear and destroy DeSantis since Biden shortly took office (CNN, NPR, 60 Minutes, Twitterverse, etc). 

I guess it's because he's a strong GOP candidate for 2024.  So far, I like him a lot. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, admo said:

Mainstream liberal media and Social media have attempted to smear and destroy DeSantis since Biden shortly took office (CNN, NPR, 60 Minutes, Twitterverse, etc). 

I guess it's because he's a strong GOP candidate for 2024.  So far, I like him a lot. 

it wasn't main stream media that passed a law saying that schools can't teach things that the party doesn't agree with.   

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, admo said:

He's a staunch supporter of this guy so hard pass.  Fascism is so 1930's

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, admo said:

Do you have any examples? Reporting what he is saying and doing is not smearing nor destroying. What is your opinion on this piece of news?

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This morning on NPR, there was an interview with someone who has studied the first paragraph, and this person (and I) agree that right now, conservative views are not well represented on college campuses in class rooms.  The person being interviewed indicated that he was of more of a liberal view point, and even he was concerned about what his study showed. 

His opinion was that college campuses should be a place where a wide range of view points on issues are welcome and gives students the ability to learn from all of them.

I’d be interested in reading more from the person who was on NPR. 

It’s difficult for me to see it as anything but a nothingburger because I’m not even sure which classes bring this stuff up. Is it anything other than political science classes? I literally never heard politics brought up when I was in school. I don’t doubt anecdotes but I have trouble believing this to be a widespread problem, and I certainly don’t trust Trump conservatives’ opinions on it, nor their motives, nor what they would do to change it. 

• Plus1 1