The Republican Utopia

@knapplc @BigRedBuster

I realize what causes inflation and that fixing it isn’t necessarily within the scope of the President. But continuing to talk about and push plans that would only exacerbate the problem is in Biden’s control and he has failed on that front.

The very last thing I want to do is stick up for Trump but if we’re going to blame him for the current situation, I don’t think Biden gets a free pass for doing/saying nothing to try to help make it better. It’s a slick little game partisans play, always blaming the previous or current party, depending, for all the woes. I’m fed up with our government as a whole. I’m going to blame anybody and everybody that has been even remotely involved. And I’m going to be tougher on people who are actually in some position to fix things rather than focusing on some fat orange blob pos who is not currently anything.

• Plus1 1
Just now, JJ Husker said:

@knapplc @BigRedBuster

I realize what causes inflation and that fixing it isn’t necessarily within the scope of the President. But continuing to talk about and push plans that would only exacerbate the problem is in Biden’s control and he has failed on that front.

The very last thing I want to do is stick up for Trump but if we’re going to blame him for the current situation, I don’t think Biden gets a free pass for doing/saying nothing to try to help make it better. It’s a slick little game partisans play, always blaming the previous or current party, depending, for all the woes. I’m fed up with our government as a whole. I’m going to blame anybody and everybody that has been even remotely involved. And I’m going to be tougher on people who are actually in some position to fix things rather than focusing on some fat orange blob pos who is not currently anything.

What should Biden be doing?

Just now, JJ Husker said:

@knapplc @BigRedBuster

I prefer to look farther into a problem to know who is responsible for fixing it than just always blaming the current President because we don't like something.

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, funhusker said:

These nations have always been considered part of South America since modern times…

Your post about “MAGA, It’s still pointless…

And no one equates the word America in MAGA with South America.  In reality, when the word America is spoken in any context, it’s almost universally spoken about in context of the United States.  Thanks for playing along though. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

What should Biden be doing?

Not pushing a huge infrastructure spending plan in the midst of runaway inflation and supply chain problems. I thought I made that clear previously.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I prefer to look farther into a problem to know who is responsible for fixing it than just always blaming the current President because we don't like something.

Maybe I just feel like b!^@hing today :D

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Not pushing a huge infrastructure spending plan in the midst of runaway inflation and supply chain problems. I thought I made that clear previously.

You also made clear that you know the two are unrelated. 

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe I just feel like b!^@hing today :D

I think we all feel that way sometimes. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

You also made clear that you know the two are unrelated. 

Yes I know Biden talking about the spending plan has no effect on very real inflation. But I do think it shows a level of disconnect from what’s going on. So it causes me to wonder about his capacity to deal with real economic concerns, things that may actually be in his control. That’s all.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yes I know Biden talking about the spending plan has no effect on very real inflation. But I do think it shows a level of disconnect from what’s going on. So it causes me to wonder about his capacity to deal with real economic concerns, things that may actually be in his control. That’s all.

You realize a quick google shows the steps he's taking to abate inflation, right? 

Is this a trend?  Companies are warning consumers that inflation will force them to increase prices on their goods, perhaps as much as 20% on things we regard as staples.

So intrepid financial analysts go back and find out these same companies have registered record profits, and rewarded their executives with handsome stock buybacks. 

Is it possible that the business class would jump on the inflation bandwagon, using it as cover to make even larger profits on the back of American consumers who can least afford it?

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-business/fresh-off-3-1b-profits-report-says-general-mills-set-to-increase-grocery-prices

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Is this a trend?  Companies are warning consumers that inflation will force them to increase prices on their goods, perhaps as much as 20% on things we regard as staples.

So intrepid financial analysts go back and find out these same companies have registered record profits, and rewarded their executives with handsome stock buybacks. 

Is it possible that the business class would jump on the inflation bandwagon, using it as cover to make even larger profits on the back of American consumers who can least afford it?

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-business/fresh-off-3-1b-profits-report-says-general-mills-set-to-increase-grocery-prices

I have seen this on several invoices for all different kinds of equipment over the past month or so

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Unfortunately, I could see companies try and slide in extra price increases in the wake of this inflation crises.  Similar to the bag fees, etc than airlines have instituted in the wake and any “crises” they seem to run across.  Bringing these things to light are good so the consumer can fight back with their wallet when appropriate.