The Republican Utopia

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I will answer this way…

Do you believe we should be compelled to repute alleged child abuse?  Or should we just stay out of it cause freedom and such?  

my view is we should.  I also view parents pushing kids towards believing they were supposed to be a different gender is mental child abuse.   Any parent who does this is a complete piece of s#!t.  If the kid seems confused, get them counseling and see what comes of it.  When the kid becomes an adult I don’t give a s#!t anymore.  They want to go down that road, it’s their life, but at least they were given time to let their mind develop more before making that type of decision.  

maybe they should just make a no minor transition allowed law instead of whatever he’s trying to do now (which I haven’t read up on besides the one letter posted) 

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

https://nypost.com/2019/10/23/texas-jury-rules-against-divorced-dad-trying-to-stop-7-year-old-sons-gender-transition/

7 yrs old…..7!   You think a 7 year old knows wtf transitioning is and what it means for the rest of their lives??? I’m the proud parent of a 6 yr old and the answer is no.   Give me time and I’ll find many many more examples 

Actually you and I are both very decidedly against child abuse. As usual, the devil is in the details. You can agree with Abbott if you want considering medical decisions between parents and the medical experts caring for their children child abuse. We'll have to disagree on that. Just like you and I aren't likely to agree if we started discussing the morality and ethics of abortions.

But again I think you're being presumptuous assuming both why parents and medical providers would choose this treatment for a child and the overall number of cases involved. 

@Lorewarn already stated a fairly close synopsis of my thoughts pretty well I thought. Of course you're welcome to your own views on this, but it does seem you appear to view *most* parents involved in these cases as radical woke leftists just wantonly bowing to the whims of a troubled kid and jumping headfirst into a life-altering medical choice, or, worse yet, thrusting it upon them because ?????. If you can fill in the blank, I'd be curious to hear your working theory of their motives.

Personally I find that last bit very hard to believe. I'd like to think most parents are inherently good and trying to do the best they can for their children.

• Plus1 6

33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So when people here get balled up because we criticize DeSantis... this is what we're criticizing.

What, exactly, are you defending? How is this person qualified to be president?

remember...the CPAC is no longer conservative.   it makes sense when you realize they have been radicalized.  there are some republicans who are not kosher with what CPAC has become...but they are afraid to speak against it out of fear from the radical right

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Oof. This is like the worst possible response from a right-wing politician right now. It's not hard to understand their logic, but it's also not hard to decide they're either a theocratic lunatic or an absolute moron.

Edit: And after reading the Flynn and Desantis stuff... Good lord. It's completely clear some of these people are getting their pockets lined by Moscow itself to churn out takes this godawful. And... when did conservatives become this unserious? Are they really JUST the party of owning the libs now? We've come a long way from the party of ideas...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Seriously, anyone who claims to be a republican should be seriously questioning that support.  

The brain dead party of only vapid criticisms, complicity and no answers whatsoever at this point who now have abandoned the core principles of democracy and think nothing of it.  

• Plus1 2