The Republican Utopia

9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I probably shouldn’t say what I want to say. Instead I’ll just say this guy needs to go away, for good.

It's so jarring the way they try to market the man to appeal to their voters juxtaposed with who he actually is.

He is not who they pretend he is. He's merely capable of saying the right applause lines and either kissing up or punching down at the right people to play the right role.

He is, at heart, still a s#!tty reality TV gameshow host.

• Plus1 4

23 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's so jarring the way they try to market the man to appeal to their voters juxtaposed with who he actually is.

He is not who they pretend he is. He's merely capable of saying the right applause lines and either kissing up or punching down at the right people to play the right role.

He is, at heart, still a s#!tty reality TV gameshow host.

I don’t see that. I just see a s#!tty person who acts and does s#!tty things and other s#!tty people lap it up and vote for him because they like it. There really is no deception or marketing involved and that just makes it all so unbelievable. He is much worse than simply a s#!tty reality TV gameshow host. There is no analogy for him.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t see that. I just see a s#!tty person who acts and does s#!tty things and other s#!tty people lap it up and vote for him because they like it. There really is no deception or marketing involved and that just makes it all so unbelievable. He is much worse than simply a s#!tty reality TV gameshow host. There is no analogy for him.

He is a personification of America’s demons raised up by people that are too dumb to realize the characteristics are selfish, brutal, and have no place in a civilized society.

aka: he’s a f#&%ing clown with followers.  A significant portion of our population is just dumb.  Social media is an accelerant.  Instead of saying dumb things at gatherings and being quickly corrected by family and friends. People find safe spaces online agreeing with them.  Making those convos with family and friends meaningless…

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

It's just trashy people. They come in all races, political leanings, and backgrounds. Kid Rock caters to them. Went to his concert once, was bunch of middle aged guys with knee braces and jean shorts drinking Busch Lattes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Okay,,,hear me out…

Did the USA get about a 200 year head start on this?

will Europe and other democracies look like this down the road?

Maybe an IQ test Is fair to be allowed to vote?

Perfect...they could do it at the same time you show a valid ID!

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, funhusker said:

Okay,,,hear me out…

Did the USA get about a 200 year head start on this?

will Europe and other democracies look like this down the road?

Maybe an IQ test Is fair to be allowed to vote?

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Perfect...they could do it at the same time you show a valid ID!

I agree, both should be required. 1- Prove your right to vote by providing a valid ID proving citizenship. 2- Then prove you have a basic handle on government operations, civics and the ability to understand what you are doing. I don’t see any problem with these two requirements at all.

• Plus1 1