Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's safe to assume the guy with 2 years FCS starting experience has better odds of starting over the red shirt freshman who has never once even stepped on to the field. That said, I'm sure Riley will play whichever guy turns out to be the best.

As far as an early departure, consider POB has seen Fyfe have to step in for TA, even wonder if his red shirt was going to get burned at a moments notice. I suspect he'll be content in a back up role for a while, should it come to that.

• Fire 1

It's safe to assume the guy with 2 years FCS starting experience has better odds of starting over the red shirt freshman who has never once even stepped on to the field. That said, I'm sure Riley will play whichever guy turns out to be the best.

As far as an early departure, consider POB has seen Fyfe have to step in for TA, even wonder if his red shirt was going to get burned at a moments notice. I suspect he'll be content in a back up role for a while, should it come to that.

He was good at Tulane, but not great. I think it is safe to assume that Riley will go with the guy who looks better in practice. He will not pick Lee solely because he has started a college game before and POB hasn't.

Cody Green was the last second stringer to transfer. He started games for us in 2010, even if Rex Burkhead was the 'real' backup quarterback :lol: I suppose Patrick Wit before him, then Harrison Beck. All guys that many of us thought, at one time, would become the next Nebraska great.

Witt might be the closest example to the POB situation since he was legitimately would have been the 2nd string QB and he didn't have a redshirt in his back pocket.

However his transfer was probably as much academic as it was football related.

Yeah, I'd say the guy made out ok. Yale undergrad and Harvard Law degree. Although, why the hell would he want to work at Credit Suisse?

What do we expect of our new qb whoever it is. Tommy threw 7 ints in 2016, what if one of these guys throws 9 or 10 picks this next year? I would say the starting qb will throw more touchdowns than tommy and may make a few more INT mistakes than he did his senior year. If our starter has a 3-1 td to int ratio that would be ideal. If that happened it would be a successful season for the offense. Also our next starter most likely won't make head scratching decisions like Tommy did.

I will give the nod to Lee due to his leadership and hunger for making a name of himself. He was told he could not be good after he played bad at Tulane and got injured. Both qbs have something to prove, but it feels as though Tanner wants to prove to everyone he is a legit qb when healthy. It seems like this is the second chance Tanner wanted and he is going to play his best so he can make the most of this opportunity.

• Fire 1

He was good at Tulane . . .

That's being extremely generous. Heh. 53%, 5.9 Y/A, nearly a 1:1 TD/INT ratio.

I think it's incredibly difficult to accurately evaluate his early career considering he missed time due to a concussion and played with a broken thumb(?) most of his last season at Tulane.

• Fire 2

I think it's incredibly difficult to accurately evaluate his early career considering he missed time due to a concussion and played with a broken thumb(?) most of his last season at Tulane.

And.....he was playing at Tulane being protected by a Tulane level offensive line.

• Fire 1

And.....he was playing at Tulane being protected by a Tulane level offensive line.

Against low level DLine, Backers, Secondary, it all evens out

• Fire 4

Playing against comparable talent.

• Fire 1