OT Chris Bleich [Florida - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bleich commit?

• Nebraska
    • Rutgers
    • Penn State
    • Mississippi State
    • Pittsburgh
    • UCLA

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I could see a lineman committing regardless of who the coach is.  It's not like there is much gray area what position you're going to play.  

Actually, your statement is what really puzzles me on the positive vibe toward us.  I don't see much of a "OL pipeline" worthy of trusting in our current system.  There are many other schools with better systems producing quality lineman from lessor star power.  

It's all fascinating to me.  I emotionally am putting no weight into any recruit for this class.  No recruit need have any commitment to us moving forward until we have an official announcement of our direction.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Actually, your statement is what really puzzles me on the positive vibe toward us.  I don't see much of a "OL pipeline" worthy of trusting in our current system.  There are many other schools with better systems producing quality lineman from lessor star power.  

It's all fascinating to me.  I emotionally am putting no weight into any recruit for this class.  No recruit need have any commitment to us moving forward until we have an official announcement of our direction.

Agree. The biggest thing everyone should be focusing on is who the next head coach will be. Once that is done- then we can focus on who we can get or keep in the class. No one is committed until they reaffirm commitment to the new staff.

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Agree. The biggest thing everyone should be focusing on is who the next head coach will be. Once that is done- then we can focus on who we can get or keep in the class. No one is committed until they reaffirm commitment to the new staff.

Not sure who you consider to be "everyone" however there are probably only a few individuals involved in deciding the initials of the 2018 NU football coach.  "everyone else" (people that are truly involved in the NU football program should be focusing 100% on improving the current and future product - which would include current and future players.

53 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Not sure who you consider to be "everyone" however there are probably only a few individuals involved in deciding the initials of the 2018 NU football coach.  "everyone else" (people that are truly involved in the NU football program should be focusing 100% on improving the current and future product - which would include current and future players.

i don't think anything is improving this year, we can play a tough game this week then the two games after that we will get our teeth kicked in so not sure I see much improving going on there. Which leaves us either 4-8 or 5-7 on the year. The only improvement is a new staff. 

With what you say above about no point discussing the coaching change- couldn't the same argument be made for recruiting. We have no control so why does this board exist? 

My main point was that until any recruits reaffirm commitment to the new staff I wouldn't get too attached to thinking guys like Joshua Moore will come until he commits to new staff that's all. Save some heartburn. 

• Mavric changed the title to OT Chris Bleich [Florida Commit]