Spring Practice - Running Backs

I don't think Wyatt Mazour's extensive playing time was a stunt or a favor to the kid. Don't know if he breaks into the top three, but I do believe he'll be given the chance, and if history holds there will be dings and injuries aplenty.

I see more Andy Janovich than I do Danny Woodhead in Mazour's style.

Mazour has a little more wiggle to him than Janovich did, but the comparison is apt.

The only comparison between the two is they are both white ball carriers from Nebraska. It ends there.

• Fire 1

I don't think Wyatt Mazour's extensive playing time was a stunt or a favor to the kid. Don't know if he breaks into the top three, but I do believe he'll be given the chance, and if history holds there will be dings and injuries aplenty.

Mazour has a little more wiggle to him than Janovich did, but the comparison is apt.

The only comparison between the two is they are both white ball carriers from Nebraska. It ends there.

They are probably real coaches on the field type guys too.

Bring their lunch pail to work everyday kinda guys :P

Not saying he isn't but what in the world has Mazour done so far to earn that label of coach on the field?

Not saying he isn't but what in the world has Mazour done so far to earn that label of coach on the field?
That was a joke

Typical stereotype given to white players.

Mazour isn't like Woodhead? He led the white team in receiving

They're being sarcastic, because the Andy Janovich comparison is SOOOO far off base.

Wyatt is 5'9, 190lb. I played him in high school. The dude is a FREAK. He will run circles around you just for fun. But he's not going to make a living trucking LBs. And he showed that on Saturday.

Andy thrived on the "I'm going to plant your ass. If the ball is in my hands, even better."

Andy Janovich?

Lol, r u serious?

There is zero amount of "truck" or "block" in a kid that size. Ever. And that's all Andy did.

*Whoosh*.

He's a real gym rat. First to show up / last to leave kind of guy. Basically lives in the film room.
  • Fire 2

Bring their lunch pail to work everyday kinda guys :P

The amount of grit both display is off the charts

» Running backs Tre Bryant, Mikale Wilbon and Devine Ozigbo: They all had their brief moments in the scrimmage, especially in shucking tackles or making guys miss at the second level. Nebraska will use all three in the fall.

» Running back Tanner Hass: Two touchdown grabs in the spring game. Good for him.

» Running backs Austin Rose and Wyatt Mazour: They’re going to have roles on this team before they leave Nebraska. Mazour (sophomore) has more time than Rose (junior), but each can shed tackles and catch the ball out of the backfield. Rose juked a couple of tacklers Saturday, and Mazour is just hard to find in a crowd because of his size.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/mckewon-huskers-still-have-to-identify-top-playmakers-but-good/article_f9e44089-6576-5065-996e-e7178b053733.html

• Fire 1