Tristan Gebbia

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It was a need before this, but now they really need to take another QB in this recruiting class. 

Eh, I don't really think so.  By the time they get here we should have two scholarship QBs and two walk-ons plus the incoming freshman.  Bringing a second guy in is only going to make one of them want to transfer that much quicker.

One per class.  That should get the job done.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm hopeful it will be more stable going forward.  Our 2019 QB is Luke McCaffrey - brother of Christian.  He seems to be a really great athlete but this is his first year playing QB - he has been playing receiver up to now because the last two QBs at his HS have also gone to Power 5 schools (older brother is a QB at Michigan and last years' QB is now at Colorado).  So I would think he has some developing to do as a QB and maybe that will mean he's not as anxious to look around.  He would have already known that our starting QB this year was going to be a Freshman one way or the other and that didn't scare him away.

good points Mav

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

There's a difference between "panic" and "disappointment".  I'm not panicking.  I'm disappointed.

So... If AM goes down, will you hit the panic button then? What if it's against Michigan and it's tied 17-17 in the 4th and he goes down with a pulled hammie? This isn't the 90's. We don't have the depth man. If this were year 2 or 3 maybe I would be less worried about it but to me it sounds like AM is the ONLY guy who actually fits perfectly for Frost's system.

Hedging your bet on one single QB is a big gamble. Not so sure I agree with it. If he goes down we're ____ed.

• Plus1 3
Just now, Mavric said:

Eh, I don't really think so.  By the time they get here we should have two scholarship QBs and two walk-ons for next year plus the incoming freshman.  Bringing a second guy in is only going to make one of them want to transfer that much quicker.

Agreed.

Martinez, Vedral, Bunch, McCaffery, Masker. That's a decent little room. 2020 we add Smothers. The staff is doing it the right way, this Gebbia is just a wrench that was thrown into the overall plan this year. 

Just now, Mavric said:

Eh, I don't really think so.  By the time they get here we should have two scholarship QBs and two walk-ons for next year plus the incoming freshman.  Bringing a second guy in is only going to make one of them want to transfer that much quicker.

I agree with this.  I honestly think Vedral agreed to transfer to NU, knowing he would probably be a career backup.  He would have been a career backup behind Milton at UCF (for the next 2 years anyway).  Now, he can be QB at Nebraska, play in a back-up role, and be perfectly fine with it.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh, I don't really think so.  By the time they get here we should have two scholarship QBs and two walk-ons plus the incoming freshman.  Bringing a second guy in is only going to make one of them want to transfer that much quicker.

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I'm not certain they have one in this class at all. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

So... If AM goes down, will you hit the panic button then? What if it's against Michigan and it's tied 17-17 in the 4th and he goes down with a pulled hammie? This isn't the 90's. We don't have the depth man. If this were year 2 or 3 maybe I would be less worried about it but to me it sounds like AM is the ONLY guy who actually fits perfectly for Frost's system.

Hedging your bet on one single QB is a big gamble. Not so sure I agree with it. If he goes down we're ____ed.

At this point in time, if that scenario happens, the season goes from a possible 8-9 win season to a 5-6 win season...maybe.

1 minute ago, TopNDoorsOff said:

I'm not down on Adrian I just think Gebbia was screwed on the coaching/scheme change. Dude is a great kid and tireless worker.  He will make noise wherever he ends up.

Screwed is putting it a little strong.  Gebbia put his career in a Mike Riley's hands.  That was his decision, and it turned out to be a bad decision.

I give Gebbia credit for trying to make it work under Frost and competing for the QB1 job, but he got beat out.  I'm sure Gebbia will look for an offense that will try to throw the ball 40-50 times a game and he can give it a shot there.  Gebbia's dad has probably already been contacting those schools.

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia