Tristan Gebbia

45 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If the reports of him being released from his scholarship are true, he's already talked to the coaches. Have to wait & see for confirmation on that.

As it has been relayed within this thread, sure did not appear as if he had, but then again, I do not believe I have seen where that question has been specifically asked to any of our staff. “Did he communicate with anyone on coaching staff, prior to not showing to practice”. 

I stand by what I mentioned in prior post. I am not happy he is leaving, think it is a hasty decison, but he has every right to do what he feels is in his best interest.

Just do it as it should be done!

Maybe, he did, and if so, I appolgize for my assumptions. If you’re a leader, or want to be a leader, then act and follow through as a leader should! 

Just gonna repost this article from last winter about QB transfer rates

Why blue chip quarterback recruits are transferring at an alarming rate

If it seems like high-profile quarterback recruits transfer at an unusually high rate, well, it’s because they do. Using 247Sports’ composite rankings, FOX Sports researched the careers of every Top 50 quarterback recruit that signed from 2011-14.

Exactly half — 100 of 200 — transferred from their original school.

• Plus1 5
28 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

If you consider thinking moves ahead of you = trolling... 

You can be Pollyanna about it if you like, but college athletics is Big Business. The Scott Frost system is the equivalent of knowing how to turn water into gasoline. You don't think that there are schools (or boosters) in the Big 10 that would not pay a lot of money to pick Gebbia's brain about that system, the sideline play calling system, specific plays now that he has shown his loyalties are elsewhere? Whether he does it or not is a separate question, but the guy has shown he is looking out for Number One and his resentment may go as far as hurting Frost and the team as much as possible. 

You would think they would have a nondisclosure agreement that would prohibit him from doing that.

38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If the reports of him being released from his scholarship are true, he's already talked to the coaches. Have to wait & see for confirmation on that.

Now that TG took his ball and went home, does that mean we can give a scholarship to a walk on? It seems unfair if TB's scholarship counts against Nebraska, yet TG gets credit for being enrolled at another school at the same time.

15 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Now that TG took his ball and went home, does that mean we can give a scholarship to a walk on? It seems unfair if TB's scholarship counts against Nebraska, yet TG gets credit for being enrolled at another school at the same time.

The scholly can’t be given to anyone else, unfortunately. 

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

We would all transfer too if we were in gebbias shoes.  I don't blame him and I wish him the best.

I don't know if that's true. There is a risk transferring. Go to a good school and you're still being recruited over. If you want to ensure you had a better chance to play than you did here you may need to go to a less desirable school. We all know the transfer rate is high at this position and it's easy to see why, but a lot of these guys just ping pong around. 

Another option, especially since he used his redshirt, is to graduate and then transfer. It's a safer bet because grad transfers are often sought to start. Yes, it's only a year (usually) but that's all you need to get to the NFL. So, hang around at your first school, see what happens, if it doesn't play out how you want then grad transfer. 

Well, I have been worried ever since POB last spring about depth at QB.   I asked who our #3 QB was when the depth chart came out and most dismissed my query as being almost silly saying the depth chart only covered 1 & 2s anyway.   I am still hoping against hope that Gebbia decides to stay as his best option.   It seems that maybe is like hoping your one and only lotto ticket is worth a hundred million!   

I am quite doubtful that our 'QB whisperer(s)" are truly that because they may need to be doing so screaming as opposed to whispering if we are going to make it through this season without a QB debacle resulting in about 1 win and 11 losses.  This offense it seems to me is very very QB dependent in that a QB who doesn't read defenses and make those quick,. correct decisions and have a pretty accurate arm and some speed won't be able to make it function at even half capacity.  

At this point, it would seem that we have only 1 (ONE) QB (a true freshman who didn't play much his senior of high school by the way) that can presumably operate the offense at an acceptable (winning) level.  If he gets hurt or is otherwise unable to go for any number of many reasons on or off the field, we are then dealing with a Ryker Fyfe situation at best.  He goes down and we are running the wildcat exclusively.  Almost any defense can stop a basically run only offense, particularly with an average or slightly better O line.  

If I am the coaches, I am likely feeling quite sick to my stomach at the potential negative prospects.   Can Vedral play this fall (I am not sure I have read one way of the other for certain)?

What if anything do we know about Bunch and or Masker beyond the fact that neither made the depth chart and reportedly were not anywhere near being in the QB race as a practical matter?

We may never know that the mindsets of the QB room players and or coaches and if we are to take all at their word, this race was all but a dead heat up until Saturday PM.  If so, I would assume that Frost and Co would have atleast promised both QBs considerable snaps in the first few games to show what they can do to seperate themselves from the others and or to lead this team successfully.  I feel like the hope for this season to play out better than all the outside prognostications has been nearly ended.   I worried about injuries as I felt neither freshman would simply give up if not named the starter this early in their playing careers.   Maybe being the 'starter' was absolutely critical but surely these players understand that competition has made every player better and if they really are better their time will come and they should be ready to pounce.   I guess not.   Sad day for all parties concerned.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I wouldn't worry about that; Milton averaged less that 10 carries a game last year. 

It's probably safe to assume Martinez isn't as polished passing the ball as Milton last year, but he's more athletic than Milton. 

So they might need to depend on Adrian's wheels more than they did Milton's.

• Plus1 1

None of Rliey's QB's made a difference at NU...

Oz-says perseverance matters...........

Gebbia obviously hasn't watched NU football say the past 15 years.....We've always needed a competent back up and haven't had one in what seems like forever.  Maybe all the way back to Brook and Tommie.....

While I understand his decision to move on, it speaks volumes to me.  Frost and Co are looking for guys who bleed red. Not just when things are going their way.  Leaving shows some discontent for sure.  Had he stayed, it would've been counter productive in the locker room.  

Best if luck in the future.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia