Tristan Gebbia

34 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

from everything i've heard, Martinez has been the better QB in practice and it wasn't even close. 

i'd imagine gebbia has had this planned for a while, but was just waiting for the official word before moving on.

I think martinez is going to be the real deal. my only concern now is if he goes down with an injury, and we have no scholarship QBs to backup

Interesting that you choose to post this now, after the fact, as opposed to the 4 weeks that the competition was underway. 

• Plus1 4

I'm not gonna beat around the bush.  This sucks.  It may very well end up being the difference between a 9 win season and a 6 win season if AM struggles or gets hurt.  I really think he will end up regretting this choice as the week goes on.  I can't fault him though, if leaving was in his best interest it had to happen quick for all of us and him.  He probably goes on and does some good things elsewhere, probably even better than what would have happened here.

But this sucks.  Please, just don't let it end up being like Ohio State that he ends up at.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm not gonna beat around the bush.  This sucks.  It may very well end up being the difference between a 9 win season and a 6 win season if AM struggles or gets hurt.  I really think he will end up regretting this choice as the week goes on.  I can't fault him though, if leaving was in his best interest it had to happen quick for all of us and him.  He probably goes on and does some good things elsewhere, probably even better than what would have happened here.

But this sucks.  Please, just don't let it end up being like Ohio State that he ends up at.

Unless Urban Meyer is fired, then he isn’t going to want a QB like Gebbia. 

• Plus1 1

People need to cut the kid some slack.  He already burned his red shirt here last year and he loses another year if he waits to transfer.  

If it's true that the coaches viewed the competition as ending effectively in a tie with the tie breaker being Martinez's edge in the run game over Gebbia's edge in passing, he'd be a fool to stay. 

Good luck and happy trails to Gebbia.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Someone on 247 said he heard rumors that Wisconsin is a possible destination and I became sick to my stomach.

I am actually afraid of something like this.  Frost and co. had nothing but positive things to say about his work ethic and ability and in the right system I think he'll be a dangerous.

• Plus1 1

Gebbia has done everything right. I tend to lean towards his thought process right now. 

I hope whoever he talks to can explain to him that he can still earn that job back here at NU. 

That being said, he is a competitor and if he chooses to leave I get it. I hope he doesnt but from everything I have read about him he is a great guy who has done everything asked of him and busted his butt.

Everyone says he is 1 injury away but he could also be a few good practices away from getting the job back.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Someone on 247 said he heard rumors that Wisconsin is a possible destination and I became sick to my stomach.

I predicted in another thread we would play against whoever lost the QB battle...  Wisconsin's offense does fit TG's skill set pretty well.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Hans Gruber said:

I have no inside info, but I doubt he goes to Wisconsin. I'd imagine Nebraska would block him from going to any conference opponent. If I had to guess, I would think he goes back to a school in California.

He is going to go to a JUCO so he can get some playing experience this year.  If he goes to another D1 he has to sit this year.  That would mean he wouldn't have taken a game snap in 2 seasons and never in college.  He will go JUCO and I would guess have a very good year.

20 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I get that but he still will behind the 8 ball when Martinez returns.  Why not go somewhere where you know you'll be the starter? 

That's my whole point. We don't know that he would still be behind the eight ball. Neither has played in a real game before.

I will grant you that it is more likely Gebbia would be behind the eight ball, but it isn't a certainty. 

4 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

He is going to go to a JUCO so he can get some playing experience this year.  If he goes to another D1 he has to sit this year.  That would mean he wouldn't have taken a game snap in 2 seasons and never in college.  He will go JUCO and I would guess have a very good year.

If that's what he wants to do. All I know, if I was in his shoes, there's no way I'd go to a Juco. I did not play sports past high school and went to a four-year university. I took some classes from a Juco though and there's no way I'd ever want to deal with any of that stuff again.

• Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia