Tommy Armstrong Trying Out With Vikings As "Kind of a RB"

Tommy Armstrong might be a guy you keep around as an emergency backup in several positions but I am not sure NFL teams can afford the luxury of such a player. I am sure he provides some glimpses of being a QB who could come in when their starter goes down, as in this past season, and they have a 50% chance roughly of seeing a complete pass to somebody on the field. He is hard to sack so if you're playing from behind, he has a chance to make something happen, good or bad, in desperation time. In this way, he is an exciting player and he was successful vs U of MN in his college days. The Viikings are a good organization and Tommy is getting a chance, that is all he can ask for and I am glad for him. He played hard and the Husker stats records are filled with his name in many areas and always will be.

• Fire 1

Tommy Armstrong is heading to the Vikings, but it won’t be as a quarterback.

The former Nebraska signal-caller announced Saturday night he will be trying out for the Vikings as an undrafted free agent. He later spoke to the Lincoln Journal Star about what position he might play.

“They want me to play kind of running back, but try me out at a bunch of other things because I’m an athlete,” Armstrong told the paper.

The paper reported the Vikings will be offering Armstrong a chance to try out in order to earn a deal.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/29/nebraskas-tommy-armstrong-to-try-out-for-vikings-to-play-kind-of-running-back/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1493526810

updating title to reflect the status of try out rather than signing

• Fire 1