The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

11 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

So anybody that doesn't support a Bernie bill isn't a progressive? I'm not going to agree anyone that doesn't support a far more leftist bill than anywhere else in the developed world has can't be progressive. Plus M4A getting through the Senate is absolutely laughable and thus this bill being on Biden's desk is pretty well an unrealistic hypothetical.

I brought up one, but there's lots of policies Biden isn't a progressive on.

Biden is center-left and you're ridiculous for arguing otherwise.

You can have that opinion but I disagree.

I don't care about him playing to the center in an attempt to build a winning coalition including the people who care about their taxes going up.

I think that's a silly thing for politicians to do, but I understand why they do it. Changing positions on issues for the general election just shows how much a candidate doesn't care at all about those issues or the primary voters.

I also don't care about what Ball and this Saagar guy say when they're paid puppets for a right-wing rag like the Hill. I know they seem like a good non-MSM news source but the truth is that the HIll has become a garbage pro-Trump publication and whatever they produce should be viewed as such.

This made me laugh out loud. You've clearly never seen the show and are just making things up.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Yes but people should be voting for the candidate that they feel represents them...not for the candidate they think is the best to beat a republican.

The democratic party already did this in 2016 with Clinton instead of the grassroots candidate of Sanders.

Bernie didn't lose to Clinton in 2016 and to Biden in 2020 because people voted strategically. Bernie lost because he isn't regarded as likable moreso than either Clinton or Biden.  Bernie was coached by his team through the last three years to build bridges to people he would need to get elected in 2020, and he chose not to do that. 

Biden won't lose the youth vote that, frankly, never showed up.  But voter turnout is far higher in 2020 over 2016, and those votes are going to Biden.  I don't think he's going to have much trouble beating Trump, unless another Comey Memo comes out (and even then it's iffy, since we know that strategy). 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Well, some might scoff at this...but all sporting events getting canceled will have a bigger impact on who people vote for than almost anything else. 

How so?  Because people will pay more attention to politics because there’s not much else to watch?

26 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

How so?  Because people will pay more attention to politics because there’s not much else to watch?

I didn't even think of it like that...I was thinking more along the lines of people being pissed and looking for someone to blame.

It is stupid, I know...but so are most people.

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well, some might scoff at this...but all sporting events getting canceled will have a bigger impact on who people vote for than almost anything else. 

I remember the Cubs were facing a surge by the opponent in the World Series until a weather delay allowed them to regroup.  I bet the DNC will not allow a postponement of the primaries due to Corona because the same might work for Sanders.

9 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I remember the Cubs were facing a surge by the opponent in the World Series until a weather delay allowed them to regroup.  I bet the DNC will not allow a postponement of the primaries due to Corona because the same might work for Sanders.

The party can do what they want. They’re far more likely to say Biden has the most votes now (I think - haven’t looked since California added) so he wins and cancel the rest. And since there’s almost no chance for Sanders to win now I’m guessing it wouldn’t piss too many people off. 

6 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

That would still benefit Sanders...because all the old people would stay home and the health, young, fearless people would come out to vote.

You bring up a good point. It’s not like the virus will be gone in November either. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I brought up one, but there's lots of policies Biden isn't a progressive on.

You can have that opinion but I disagree.

I think that's a silly thing for politicians to do, but I understand why they do it. Changing positions on issues for the general election just shows how much a candidate doesn't care at all about those issues or the primary voters.

This made me laugh out loud. You've clearly never seen the show and are just making things up.

Nah I don't make a habit out of watching alternate progressive media sources like this show, Sam Seder, Kyle Kulinski, TYT, et al. because of how biased they are. It's a big feedback loop pushing the ideals of progressivism, like a lot of other media sources.

I've tried watching some TYT recently but it's mostly been Cenk yelling a lot and them agreeing how Biden awful is and how great Sanders is.

I may have overstated the utility of the Hill because I've seen so many s#!tty op-eds from them, but they are in-fact listed as a mostly factual center-right biased website. They've employed one of the main Ukraine conspiracy theorists John Soloman (a big Trump ally) as a contributor and are owned by a Giuliani ally. So forgive me if I question the motives of an outlet that is owned and operated that way.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

I may have overstated the utility of the Hill because I've seen so many s#!tty op-eds from them, but they are in-fact listed as a mostly factual center-right biased website. They've employed one of the main Ukraine conspiracy theorists John Soloman (a big Trump ally) as a contributor and are owned by a Giuliani ally. So forgive me if I question the motives of an outlet that is owned and operated that way.

The Hill paper might be horrible - I don't read them - but Rising is a solid show. It's transparently populist though, so don't go there if you don't like criticisms of the establishment including MSM.

15 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

There is chatter on the internet that Michigan exit polls do not match what happened in the ballot box.  There are people (activists) signing a petition for the UN to come in like they do in 3rd world countries to audit the vote.

Honestly, it feels iffy how far Michigan swung for Biden when it was full Sanders over Hillary in 2016. 

Link?