https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html?_r=0

This is very revealing. Per Comey, Trump invited him to dinner shortly after he was sworn in as President. He then presses Comey for loyalty. Comey responds that he will be honest with Trump, but cannot be loyal in the 'political' sense. Trump presses again later in the dinner. Trump says it was Comey who asked for the meeting and the conversation didn't go that way. Who do you believe? :dunno I find it pretty Nixon like that at this stage in the administration we have to re-phrase Nixon's words "I'm not a Crook" with "I'm not a liar" from Trump and we have to question who do we believe. I believe without question that Comey's view of the dinner is much more plausible than Trump's denials. So, what does that say about this president's ability to lead this nation and our willingness to trust him to do the right thing?

When this admin started, my hope was that he would 'grow up' and grow into the role. Outside of his State of the Union speech, he has not. He has digressed since then. I always new he was not a conservative and really not a republican but an opportunist who took the easy route through the repub party. He has no loyalty to anyone but himself and his brand. I do not see his time in the WH ending well. When he needs the loyalty of others when dark days come ahead, he will find none because he gave none. Anything good that will be accomplished by this admin in the mean time, will be accomplished by others and he will claim the credit.

• Fire 1

I think we're missing the bigger point here. What would cause fearless leader to even have this reaction? If he has nothing to hide why does he need to even threaten Comey in the first place?

I agree with someone I heard on TV this morning. He said that while nothing has been proven...yet...that he has committed a crime, he sure is acting like someone who is guilty.

• Fire 2

I think we're missing the bigger point here. What would cause fearless leader to even have this reaction? If he has nothing to hide why does he need to even threaten Comey in the first place?

I agree with someone I heard on TV this morning. He said that while nothing has been proven...yet...that he has committed a crime, he sure is acting like someone who is guilty.

Exactly, and even if he is innocent he's acting like someone who is mentally unstable and unfit for the position he is in.
  • Fire 1

this administration is like a mafia movie where all the eyewitnesses are being "silenced"

Exactly, and even if he is innocent he's acting like someone who is mentally unstable and unfit for the position he is in.

Exactly. :blink: I hope N Korea doesn't do anything stupid right now - Trump is liable to nuke the h... out of them. :madash

Exactly. :blink: I hope N Korea doesn't do anything stupid right now - Trump is liable to nuke the h... out of them. :madash

Eh it's more likely to just be a communist starting a fire.

Putin's small investment in an attempt to disrupt our democratic processes has probably exceeded his wildest dreams.

Neither of the two options you lay out is good:

1. He actually did collude with the Russians to subvert our democratic process and he is guilty of treason.

2. He is completely mentally unhinged and is embarrassing us on the world stage, both risking our alliances and bogging us down in whatever foreign policy decisions he makes.

Or.... both.

• Fire 3

Putin's small investment in an attempt to disrupt our democratic processes has probably exceeded his wildest dreams.

Neither of the two options you lay out is good:

1. He actually did collude with the Russians to subvert our democratic process and he is guilty of treason.

2. He is completely mentally unhinged and is embarrassing us on the world stage, both risking our alliances and bogging us down in whatever foreign policy decisions he makes.

Or.... both.

I'm going to vote both