Favorite Husker Game that was not for a Conference or National Championship

What is your favorite Husker game that was not played for a conference or national championship? My favorite was the 1996 opener against Michigan State. In 1995 the Huskers embarrassed Saban's team with three TD runs of 50 or more yards, and Saban lost his mind in the press conference. In 1996 the game was at MSU, and Saban did a great job of stopping the Huskers ground game (although part of it was due to Frost still learning how to run the offense) allowing only 184 yards rushing. What I loved was how the Huskers embarrassed Saban again with special teams and defense:

• 62 yard punt return for a TD
  • 84 yard int return for a TD
  • 9 yard int return for a TD

I was really worried about Frost after watching that game, but I knew the Huskers would be fine because of the D and the special teams. If only we could have avoided the flu and kept Farley out of trouble for the CCG.

• Fire 2

1997 Missouri

Runners-up:

2009 Missouri
2008 Colorado
2010 Kansas State
2009 Oklahoma
2009 Texas - I will never watch this game again but man was it good until the very end.
2015 Michigan State
2012 Michigan State

The thing about the 90s other than it being a long time ago and the memory fading is that we dominated a lot more teams. That doesn't make for a lot of good/memorable non-championship games. I mostly remember that the Kansas State/Colorado games were expected to be exciting and then usually weren't.

1987 USF&G Sugar Bowl in New Orelans. 10 yrs old, dad was a coach for N then, Super Dome.

Played LSU and won 30-15 I believe. Never had seen an opppsoing crowd like the LSU fans brought that day. Real loud and crazy, eventually the N fans drowned out the LSU fans with "Husker Power" chant. Just a damn good game in a damn good venue.

The Missouri game in their house in a driving rain storm when Suh was his pennacle. Got off a plane, raced to the hotel and caught the last 3/4 of the game. Luck would have it, there were 5-6 other Husker fans in Maine that night watching with me. Great game.

Notre Dame v N at their house, Eric Crouch was BOSS. Probably one of my favorite Husker memories. We still had the Swag and just outplayed them and felt so good.