Favorite Husker Game that was not for a Conference or National Championship

#6 Mizery had just knocked off #1 OU and thought they were gonna come in to Lincoln and win pretty. Helu went off for 307.

I remember a line from an article after that: "On the day before Halloween, Missouri was unmasked. Nebraska snatched the scary off the Tigers like it was the end of a Scooby Doo episode." :B)

• Fire 4

The Northwestern Hail Mary game. The game itself was awful, boring and uninspired, but my best friend and I spent the morning golfing, got to go into the locker room, meet Suh, walk the tunnel walk, and were on the field int he closest corner to where Jordan caught the catch. One of my favorite days ever.

1994 vs. Colorado. My freshman year at UNL, 200th consecutive sellout and Homecoming game. Our frat's float was on the cover of the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News back to back days that week. The 24-7 score doesn't show how much of a beat down that game actually was. Kordell Stewart was running for his life the entire game.

Have to agree with 2010 Mizzou. And a lot of others already mentioned are right up there.

A recent game that gave me a lot of pleasure was the 2015 Bowl game against UCLA. We were 5-7 going into that bowl. Husker nation was in disarray. Nobody gave us a shot to win. But we took care of business and handled a stout UCLA team. That gave us some momentum going into January, and we closed the season with a pretty good recruiting class.

• Fire 1

For realsies personal faves:

Nebraska @ Notre Dame '01 "Big Red Invasion"

Nebraska vs Michigan '05 "Alamo Bowl"

Nebraska vs Kansas St. '07 "KSU slaughter"

Nebraska vs Colorado '08 "Kick 6"

Nebraska vs ULL '09 "55-0 Shutout"

Nebraska vs Arizona '09 "Holiday Bowl"

Nebraska vs Mizzou '10 "Helu Runs wild"

Nebraska @ Washington '10 "Husky Stadium Takeover"

Nebraska vs Michigan State '11 "MSU slaughter"

Nebraska @ Penn State '11 "Mid Field Pre-Game Prayer"

Nebraska vs Wisconsin '12 "17pt comeback"

Nebraska vs Michigan '12 "Backup QB beatdown"

Nebraska vs Northwestern '13 "Hail Westerstache"

Nebraska @ Michigan '13 "Snapping Wolverine Home win streak"

Nebraska vs Georgia '13 "99 Yard TD Pass"

Nebraska vs Miami '14 "Sea of Boo's"

Nebraska vs Michigan State '15 "Underdog Win"

Nebraska vs Oregon '16 "Ducks Drown in Sea of Red"

This is supposed to go here.

Two years ago I think. Nebraska was playing little sisters of the poor (South Alabama). My father's team was honored at half time. Got to see him catch up with Barry Alvarez (his roommate) and the remainder of his team (many have passed). Also got a kick out of arguing with him and my uncle because Terrell Newbey had probably the best game of his career and I just said he won't live up to expectations and any of the backs could have turned in those stats. Was also my favorite because it was the first game I saw in Lincoln in 34 years of my life. I saw the Michigan State game in 96 and I was on sportcenter the next day, saw a few blow outs at Iowa State and recently a couple games at Northwestern but seeing pops on the field was pretty cool and it wasn't a championship game

Well it probably depends on how far your dial goes back, but in fairly recent memory, I have a few that stick out.

Hated Callahan the second he was selected as a coach here. But during this time, beating KSU's Prince felt particularly good.

Same sentiment with Coach Pelini. But the win against OU at home on national TV.... Couldn't pass or run but the D rocked all night. I memba our safety coming up with 3 big picks at the most crucial times...

The VaTech road game stands out a lot.

But the best, my favorite was Alex Henery kicking the ball a mile against CU. The Suh pick six was just emotional gravy :)