Any chance the Tanner Lee story isn't 100 percent true?

tmfr15

To the OP..... every year we try to stay optimistic about everything at least until the 3rd game... when we're free to beat up the team and post every deficiency like we're scouts for the opposition.

Of course there's a chance Lee is not a Pro Bowler, but you didn't hear it from me. There's a chance the team is just average, or they could be pretty damn good....that's why it's fun to watch.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

If Riley's system can't work with a NFL-level QB, it ain't gonna work.

I see national media looking at a new QB and new defensive coordinator and thinking "rebuild season" without realizing both are immediate upgrades.

Excellent post. I haven't seen the team's preseason practices. I have only heard what has been said through the media, and more importantly posts from knowledgeable people, etc. I feel fairly confident that these upgrades along with a healthy O line will propel us into having a nice season beating BIG teams in the west we have lost to the last few years. 

6 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

I'm skeptical for a great season. Riley has his Offense put into action this season, with the right players, and what should be an amazing 3-4 Defense. 

Can't wait to see the Cornhuskers in action tonight.  

The first true test. 

I've read this about a hundred times - are sure you're using skeptical correctly?

• Plus1 2

As far as skeptical, I have a feeling his program will work better with Nebraska, then Bill Callahan's did. 

Now, IMHO, you have a great Coach, with some pretty great players.  Tanner Lee may be the Man for the Job.  If his arm is as golden as the reports have been.

We shall see.  Is this season considered Riley's first true team?  It's going to be fun to watch either way. 

I think Lee will do great things for us.  Other than a few drops, he hit receivers in stride, in the numbers and maybe 1 or 2 bad choices.  He has zip on the ball and we have young receivers that can catch it.  I only saw 1 over throw the whole game so it's definitely a welcome change to what we've had previously.  Going to enjoy watching him season though I think he's going to get beat up with our Oline unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

ASU led the nation in tackles for loss and sacks last year. Are we sure they weren't a good test for our offense? Or at least the passing game?

You never can tell as their conference isn't really of high quality opponents.  How many did they have compared with others when playing a P5 opponent?  I doubt they'd be anywhere near the top if they playing in any of the big name conferences.  It's a nice thing to tout but it's also taken with a grain of salt depending on said conference.  Nothing against them, good squad they have but playing in a mediocre conference allows a group to play sub par opponents and rack up big numbers.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

You never can tell as their conference isn't really of high quality opponents.  How many did they have compared with others when playing a P5 opponent?  I doubt they'd be anywhere near the top if they playing in any of the big name conferences.  It's a nice thing to tout but it's also taken with a grain of salt depending on said conference.  Nothing against them, good squad they have but playing in a mediocre conference allows a group to play sub par opponents and rack up big numbers.

Of course we should take it with a grain of salt, that's kind of my point. Posters are just assuming that ASU's D wasn't good, but that may or may not be true, and there's evidence that they weren't bad last year.