Who should we hire

Too much subjectivity to the phrase "good fans" so your friend can accept or deny the premise of the question.

But in my opinion other than a few snarky response/replies, this thread and others don't sound like everyone is pissed, but that doesn't answer your question, so my opinion doesn't matter-

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Branno said:

The appropriate time is when you know it won't get better, and I'm sorry but we won't get better with this staff. They are what they are. 

USC fired a coach in October.

LSU fired a coach in September. 

I didn't think he hit his ceiling, and I haven't been proven wrong.

Riley took essentially the same team and went 5-7 with essentially the same schedule. Bo never lost fewer than 9 games. From what we've seen this season we are going to have another 5-7 season. 

I get Riley is nice and all, but he hasn't improved the program in any measurable way.

Similarly ranked recruiting classes, worse records, and still plenty of blowouts. But hey.... we can't fire him because... we'll... we can't. 

I'm always amazed people think Bo hit his ceiling.  This was his first HC job, and he never lost more than 9.  Lots of good coaches do something similar and when they get a great player (texas - Vince young), assistant coach (Oklahoma with Leach), or something else, it puts them over the top.  Heck, if TM didn't get injured, I think we would have been right in it.  I'll tell you this, I always had faith in a Bo teams and Bo himself.  Yes, he made mistakes (JP is the biggest), but he always was aware of them and looked to correct them.

Now go ahead and bash me.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Dagerow said:

I'm always amazed people think Bo hit his ceiling.  This was his first HC job, and he never lost more than 9.  Lots of good coaches do something similar and when they get a great player (texas - Vince young), assistant coach (Oklahoma with Leach), or something else, it puts them over the top.  Heck, if TM didn't get injured, I think we would have been right in it.  I'll tell you this, I always had faith in a Bo teams and Bo himself.  Yes, he made mistakes (JP is the biggest), but he always was aware of them and looked to correct them.

Now go ahead and bash me.

Do we really need to rehash this? Bo got fired mainly for his attitude and actions off the field. Making so many needless enemies, especially the fans, was ultimately his undoing.