Who should we hire

This is a message board, where opinions are posted. I'm finding out if your opinion doesn't match someone elses you will be labeled not a fan, called names, told your stupid etc. Just so most of the people doing that can go along with the crowd, be one of the guys or just to argue. Though they will only do this to certain posters.If its a mod or another long time poster they will agree with them though it contradicts something they just posted.. or not respond. Laughable. I do not think RIley is the guy to get us back where we want to be. That is my opinion" if someone has a different opinion of Riley,OK. I'm not gonna call them names etc . They can think what they want.  Turner Gill is 2-0.  GBR

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Branno said:

The appropriate time is when you know it won't get better, and I'm sorry but we won't get better with this staff. They are what they are. 

USC fired a coach in October.

LSU fired a coach in September. 

I didn't think he hit his ceiling, and I haven't been proven wrong.

Riley took essentially the same team and went 5-7 with essentially the same schedule. Bo never lost fewer than 9 games. From what we've seen this season we are going to have another 5-7 season. 

I get Riley is nice and all, but he hasn't improved the program in any measurable way.

Similarly ranked recruiting classes, worse records, and still plenty of blowouts. But hey.... we can't fire him because... we'll... we can't. 

Holy denial Batman

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Branno said:

We switched conferences just as he was getting recruits perfect for Big 12 play. He made adjustments too late to save his job, more due to his demeanor than his W/L record. 

If you want to talk about "proving yourself" at the P5 level, well I guess that means we can bring up Riley's OSU record. Does he deserve even more years at Nebraska to "prove himself"? A 16 year career P5 .500 record?

Think before you speak. 

Man and it was too bad he didn't have you know, a few years to recruit players for Big Ten play and allow them to shine on the field. Oh wait, he coached in the Big Ten from 2011-2014. 

2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Can't we just get along?

maybe they both suck.

Amen. 

The appropriate time is when you know it won't get better, and I'm sorry but we won't get better with this staff. They are what they are. 

USC fired a coach in October.

LSU fired a coach in September. 

I didn't think he hit his ceiling, and I haven't been proven wrong.

Riley took essentially the same team and went 5-7 with essentially the same schedule. Bo never lost fewer than 9 games. From what we've seen this season we are going to have another 5-7 season. 

I get Riley is nice and all, but he hasn't improved the program in any measurable way.

Similarly ranked recruiting classes, worse records, and still plenty of blowouts. But hey.... we can't fire him because... we'll... we can't. 

USC fired Sarkisian because of alcohol problems, which you will agree is different than firing him for on-the-field results. No, Riley did not take essentially the same team and play essentially the same schedule and go 5-7. Riley didn't have the luxury of having one of the best RBs in Nebraska history, and the 2015 also had to find replacements for Randy Gregory, Zaire Anderson, Trevor Roach, Corey Cooper, and Josh Mitchell. Not to mention, although we played a similar schedule, the teams on those schedules changed as well. And, as we already know who we lost to in 2015 that we didn't in 2014, we beat Michigan State and Minnesota (and didn't get blown out embarrassed by Wisconsin) in 2015, things we were unable to do in 2014. You can't definitively nor objectively say that we're headed to another 5-7 season this year. 

You haven't been proven wrong on Pelini, but that doesn't mean you've been proven right either. Not a single year has gone by since 2008 where Bo has not lost at least 4 games. I mean, he still hasn't won a championship at Youngstown State!

• Plus1 1

It will not happen during the season, but if we finish with 6 or 7 wins, which I predict will happen, the AD and HD should be gone in December.  If the school actually desires to get back into being within the conversation for a championship,  a complete overhaul will be necessary.  However, this will require a big hire rather than unproven hopefuls or a nice guy who has made a career out of moral victories. 

Who should we hire? Well in all honestly who wants this job? Frost I likely the only one that would say YES. I would imagine everyone else would say well idk maybe it could be neat or hell no. We go through coaches like my kids throUgh shoes. Now I hated the Riley hire and still can't stand him but no coach will want to come here knowing we fired a 9 win coach and went through another one in less than 5 years not even allowing him to use "his guys, for whatever the hell that means" and having just revamped the staff. Most coaches like stability plus other schools will use this against us in recruiting as I am sure they already do. 

Maybe coaches that know that they can get a massive buyout once they suck will consider this place but otherwise if you wise if you would think big names or young up and coming coaches would be interested (besides Frost), but I don't see it.