Minnesota replacing Iowa as Nebraska's Thanksgiving Game

knapplc

47 minutes ago, Michiganball said:

Reminds me of our failed AD Dave Brandon, former CEO of Dominoes pizza. Great for money so no failure there, super bean counter. But failed in most every other way possible as a human being AD. Glad he's gone, fortunes have improved. Eichorst gives me a similar vibe, particularly with the hires.

Eichorst is nowhere near being in the same conversation as Dave Brandon, except a conversation about how much less sucky he is. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

And the reality is, the fans haven't lost anything in these statements.  The local press is having a field day with Eichorst "waffling" on this, but the ramifications of these statements is nil. 

We'll play when we play, we were never guaranteed Black Friday games nor were we ever denied Black Friday games, in the past these games have been scheduled on Saturday and "moved" year after year and nobody has been harmed in the process.

This is all much ado about nothing. 

I'm sure most people know that the game can still be changed to Friday like in the past. But when the AD comes out and says what he did, it leads them to believe that he won't let it continue if he can get away with it.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Seems like the appropriate place for this!!!

This is how I'll feel if we don't get Black Friday games.

Stop, don’t tell me how to feel

These scars will never heal overnight

I’m just searching for what's real

It's hard enough to deal with life

And then I'll say the F word at the 24 second mark.

After that you have to turn it off because she says she'll be okay. I know I won't be okay.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't care so much about the foe. Just that it's on Friday.

Although... I guess I'd prefer it to be one of the following: Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern

Next picks: Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State

Next After That: Ohio State

No: Everyone else

It will never be Ohio State or Michigan unless one of the schools plans on playing two games over a two day span. 

7 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Whaaaaaat??? I thought everyone was rotating. Fair's fair, right?

I don't know, maybe OSU and michigan know how to keep a tradition unlike other schools.  They have played 113 times and have played the last game of the regular season since 1935 except for 3 times during that span. 

Plus I would assume the Big10 would want east and west teams to stay in their divisions for the last game since they don't want the possibility of teams playing each other two weeks in a row.