Minnesota replacing Iowa as Nebraska's Thanksgiving Game

knapplc

I'ld have to agree with Tom.  I hated any team I played. Never thought I got up for one team more than another.  Got up for more important games not teams.  I don't understand how some of these kids come out and seem like they aren't ready to play... You are about to play the best sport in the world in front of 90k fans on live tv..... doesn't get any better than that 

12 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Eichorst is not doing whats in the best interest of Nebraska.  He is still eying Wisky after Barry retires.  SE knows that his ride in this state is short lived.  

Trev Alberts is in waiting.  Scott Frost is waiting.  Hell, Bob Stoops might be waiting........doubtful, but...........?

It seems to me that the Big 10 is daring Nebraska to become relevant once again, are we willing to do what it takes to do so?

This would make sense except Chris McIntosh seems to be the likely replacement to Alvarez.  He just got recently promoted to the #2 job @ UW.

FWIW...https://sconniesportstalk.com/2017/07/06/badgers-will-chris-mcintosh-be-barry-alvarezs-replacement-as-ad/

40 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

This would make sense except Chris McIntosh seems to be the likely replacement to Alvarez.  He just got recently promoted to the #2 job @ UW.

FWIW...https://sconniesportstalk.com/2017/07/06/badgers-will-chris-mcintosh-be-barry-alvarezs-replacement-as-ad/

I think Eichorst thought he was going to replace Alvarez and had to be surprised when McIntosh was named the #2 man at UW.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

It doesn't make any sense that Eichorst thought he was the heir apparent to Alvarez at Wisconsin?

It doesn't make sense to assume that SE still isn't next in line just because Alvarez filled the #2 spot in the AD at Wisconsin.  Was Alvarez supposed to leave it open?  Or fill it with an unqualified person?  Was SE supposed to leave the #1 spot at UNL to take the #2 spot at UW?  Has Alvarez indicated he is about to retire and the #2 guy is the immediate replacement?

I know people want reasons to dislike SE but to draw a conclusion like that is weird to me.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Tom Osborne spoke at the Big Red Breakfast this morning. One of the things he touched on was the concept of a Nebraska "rival."  He is... not a fan.

w4bWbtH.png

Amen, Doctor Tom.   Amen.

Hmm... I was at the breakfast and didn't think TO was "really annoyed" that Iowa people say Nebraska is a rival. IIRC, all he said was something along the lines of 'Iowa doesn't really like Nebraska, and Nebraska is starting to dislike Iowa' and then he went into why he thinks rivalries are made naturally and he didn't fuss with them much as a coach. I don't know. Chris' comments just seem a bit hyperbolic to me, but maybe I was still waking up.

As a side note, that was the best TO discussion I've ever listened to. Super insightful and he threw more shade on various things than I've ever seen him do before.

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It doesn't make sense to assume that SE still isn't next in line just because Alvarez filled the #2 spot in the AD at Wisconsin.  Was Alvarez supposed to leave it open?  Or fill it with an unqualified person?  Was SE supposed to leave the #1 spot at UNL to take the #2 spot at UW?  Has Alvarez indicated he is about to retire and the #2 guy is the immediate replacement?

I know people want reasons to dislike SE but to draw a conclusion like that is weird to me.

I agree that Eichorst wouldn't leave NU to become the #2 at Wisconsin, and he could still get hired at UW after Alvarez retires.  However, when McIntosh is named the Deputy Athletic Director and oversees the day-to-day operations of the department, that shows me (and others) that he's being groomed as the next AD for Wisconsin.

Question.....

Why do people think SE really doesn't give a rip about Nebraska because he loves Wisconsin so much and expects that he is next in line there?

What makes Wisconsin's job better than Nebraska's?

This is nothing more than some fans who don't like how he's doing his job making up a big story about why they think he isn't going a good job.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Hmm... I was at the breakfast and didn't think TO was "really annoyed" that Iowa people say Nebraska is a rival. IIRC, all he said was something along the lines of 'Iowa doesn't really like Nebraska, and Nebraska is starting to dislike Iowa' and then he went into why he thinks rivalries are made naturally and he didn't fuss with them much as a coach. I don't know. Chris' comments just seem a bit hyperbolic to me, but maybe I was still waking up.

Wait so you  are telling me that a OWH writer might be twisting words to stir the pot?  That is unheard of

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Question.....

Why do people think SE really doesn't give a rip about Nebraska because he loves Wisconsin so much and expects that he is next in line there?

What makes Wisconsin's job better than Nebraska's?

This is nothing more than some fans who don't like how he's doing his job making up a big story about why they think he isn't going a good job.

It fits their narrative?  It's something they can use against him as a reason why they don't like him?