Minnesota replacing Iowa as Nebraska's Thanksgiving Game

knapplc

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I'm not a "hate the AD" guy as most on here, but damn, he doesn't seem to get it. 

Agree, and neither am I. I'm mostly supportive of him because most of the attacks are ridiculous.

But this is just plain stupid by both SE and Riley. I'm fine with rotating opponents but it should still be on Friday. They've been here all of 3 and 5 years and they're making a decision on something we've been doing for ages.

1 hour ago, deedsker said:

You don't even have to pigeon hole anyone in. Just know on a rotating basis that if you play Nebraska the last week, it is a Friday game. 

It it is the one tradition we seem to have left beside the sellout streak.

Exactly! It doesn't have to be Iowa. That was the part no one cared about.

College Football was about rivalries and tradition.  Since so many schools have abandoned conferences for more money that logical theory is all but gone, except of OSU and Michigan.  Texas and OU, UCLA and USC and all of the old SEC rivalry games.  Basically Big 10 and Big 12 schools have shredded classic games.  Wait......wasn't this a reason why we left the Big 12?  No natural rivalry since OU was a rotating sched and Colorado , well, was Colorado.

I dare say that the Big 10 is doing what I really thought they would and thats kill this tradition of winning in favor of OSU and Michigan winning.  Its their conference, Nebraska will always be the red headed step child.  

I dare say that we would have been better off staying in the Big 12,  but no one will ever know that now.  Big 10 is about Michigan and Ohio St.  Thats the pecking order.  1A and 1B.  The other remaining schools don't matter as much.  In all reality, the best Black Friday game would be against Wisky.  Just schedule it every year.  I truly believe that once we find a coach bring back some luster to the program that the Wisky game would be for the West crown most years.  Michigan and OSU would have there annual showdown to decide the east.  But wait.............thats no going to happen every year because of the Horseshoe-Big House rivalry now is it!

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Agree, and neither am I. I'm mostly supportive of him because most of the attacks are ridiculous.

But this is just plain stupid by both SE and Riley. I'm fine with rotating opponents but it should still be on Friday. They've been here all of 3 and 5 years and they're making a decision on something we've been doing for ages.

Its a brick by brick rebuild remember. We have to change everything