Riley, Diaco Dilemma

Hunter94

OK, i missed the game and Illy isn't any power house, but the D obviously showed up and did a great job.

Let's assume we lose 2 or 3 more games, but we are close and the D plays really tough. If we "can" Riley, there goes Diaco, as the new AD picks a new coach and he gets his own guys.

Could it be Diaco and his defense play well enough to give Riley another year or two?  Thoughts?

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

OK, i missed the game and Illy isn't any power house, but the D obviously showed up and did a great job.

Let's assume we lose 2 or 3 more games, but we are close and the D plays really tough. If we "can" Riley, there goes Diaco, as the new AD picks a new coach and he gets his own guys.

Could it be Diaco and his defense play well enough to give Riley another year or two?  Thoughts?

TBH it sure feels like Riley is coaching to save his job right now. Finishing with 7 wins probably saves his job, as long as he fires Cav and probably DL.

If they win 8, it might be just cav.

If they win 9, no one is packing.

I don't want Riley fired if we lose 2 more games. I want his recruiting class to come here. And losing 2 more games would mean we beat at least 2 of:

Iowa, Penn State, Wisconsin, Ohio State

In fact, losing 2 more games might get us to the Big Ten Championship, as long as one of the wins is against Wisconsin.

Before anyone who's too stupid to know what a conditional statement is chimes in - I don't think we'll lose only 2 more games.

• Plus1 4

10 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

TBH it sure feels like Riley is coaching to save his job right now. Finishing with 7 wins probably saves his job, as long as he fires Cav and probably DL.

Cav is gone. This will be his last year in Lincoln.

And when he is gone, they need to go throw a bunch of money at an elite Oline coach.......

Hire Bill Callahan.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

My god, why would they fire the defensive line, I think they've been doing pretty well!?