The Iron N is calling for a BLACK0UT against Wisconsin

knapplc

20 hours ago, BigTenBadger said:

I think you all tried to do a b******* for your first visit to Madison in 2011 as well. That was the game where the Nebraska media was reporting that 30-40-50% of Camp Randall was going to be "taken over" by invading Nebraska fans. It was also the Russell Wilson game. Damn that was fun!

I remember this game differently than you do.

4 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Ghost of games past. Sure we want to do this?

59d3cc18d6547_ScreenShot2017-10-02at2_42_55PM.png.52152c61a6741a1593e431a3ef120085.png

We're at home this time, so maybe it'll be different.

11 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

I remember this game differently than you do.

We're at home this time, so maybe it'll be different.

My memory of fans wearing black at Wisconsin was because TO said to wear it so we would stick out among the red-clad Badger fans

Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne sent a note Thursday to fans who have purchased tickets from the Athletic Department for the Wisconsin game, encouraging them to support the team. "We love our tradition of a Husker Sea of Red wherever we go, but in order for us to stand out amongst the Badgers and be visible to our team, I ask that you join me in celebrating our Blackshirts' tradition by wearing black to the game," Osborne said. "Simply choose your favorite Husker blackshirt item from your closet or visit your local Husker store to purchase something new.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205272575

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Sad that we need a "gimmick" to get fired up for a big game. 

First of all, we don't need it. Second of all, if we did, that's not sad, that's the reality of sports marketing. Third of all, I like how you put gimmick in quotations because it's not really a gimmick at all, I agree.

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

I like the whole idea of the Iron N, but these guys REALLY need to hammer out their message. This is about the third different version of this I've seen this week. 

Let's have a Blackout.

The Blackout is for the student section.

The Blackout is for everyone.

But mostly it's for the student section.

But really, everyone do it.

Yeah, that's not clearing up any confusion.

17 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Sad that we need a "gimmick" to get fired up for a big game.   The players and recruits don't give a rats behind about what color I am wearing in the stands.  Do you want to see some great fans, go check out a Husker Lady's Volleyball match.  8,500 fans rocking the Bob watching a great team compete and BEAT top 10 talent on a regular basis.  Now, that is FUN !

NU volleyball rocks and those 8k + fans are into it in away almost every visiting team is shocked the first time they come.  The NU football team doesn't need "gimmicks" to get fired up for big games - Have you been in the stadium for a big game when we didn't use "gimmicks"?  the fans do their job.

• Plus1 1

It isn't a gimmick as in trying to sell tickets or get the crowd into it...it is fun.  For years and years schools have done things like this to make it even more fun.  Painting your face, going topless (hot girls only please), spelling something out on your chest with your friends, holding up signs with a big group or even pranking others.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kai4FL0MQ

I mean...this is not a big deal in the sense that it is "bad" or "wrong"...it is fun, college games are fun, this is not super serious stuff.  Good gravy and cream cheese people...fans show up in gorilla costumes!

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It isn't a gimmick as in trying to sell tickets or get the crowd into it...it is fun.  For years and years schools have done things like this to make it even more fun.  Painting your face, going topless (hot girls only please), spelling something out on your chest with your friends, holding up signs with a big group or even pranking others.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kai4FL0MQ

I mean...this is not a big deal in the sense that it is "bad" or "wrong"...it is fun, college games are fun, this is not super serious stuff.  Good gravy and cream cheese people...fans show up in gorilla costumes!

I agree 100% and when I was part of the 20 something crowd, participated.  The die hards need to realize they are not going to get "everyone" to participate.  My guess is that most students and younger fans will have fun with things like this.  The older you get on the "fan" timeline, the more they want to just see a win and the "other stuff" is not as important.  Personally, I enjoy the tailgate we put on in Haymarket Park more than I do the games, especially the last 10 years or so.  We have met some great people and have a good time, and then when it is time to go to the game, the mood changes to bleh.

• Plus1 1
Just now, 10_point_buck said:

I agree 100% and when I was part of the 20 something crowd, participated.  The die hards need to realize they are not going to get "everyone" to participate.  My guess is that most students and younger fans will have fun with things like this.  The older you get on the "fan" timeline, the more they want to just see a win and the "other stuff" is not as important.  Personally, I enjoy the tailgate we put on in Haymarket Park more than I do the games, especially the last 10 years or so.  We have met some great people and have a good time, and then when it is time to go to the game, the mood changes to bleh.

Exactly!  Going to the game, the pre-game stuff, the tailgating, bar-hopping, seeing all the fans, hearing Gooooo-Big- Red chants, that is what makes it freaking awesome.  Anything on top of that is gravy.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

abbcaa9ddfe856683cda20e6ee5757bb3783c01a2082365a53e1f562e0a3e1a3.jpg.959b75eeb2c728b0afd2a34710483315.jpg

Not well stated on my end, sorry.  My point was that keep that "black out" stuff for the students, a good portion of the crowd is not going to participate in a gimmick like this or even care, it is more for the young people.  Calling out every breathing human going to the game to do it, just fantasy.