Mike Leach on which stadiums are louder than Autzen

knapplc

32 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Why isn't anyone throwing Leach's name in for HC at Nebraska!  Keep Diaco and add Leach.  Press conferences would be golden!

Leach brings a lot of baggage.  His shtick plays well at the more backwater programs. Wazzu is very happy to go 8-4 every year.  Nebraska fans would not be satisfied with that.  I have spoke with a few people that have come in contact with him in their work and pretty much the only thing any had nice to say about him was that he was a decent FB coach.  Otherwise most were not real impressed.  

Leach cracks me up!  I would love to see him make the playoff this season.  You want to talk about homerun hires...he was exactly that for WSU.  Not even so much about winning it all or winning the division and stuff like that but just about making WSU relevant.  I would love to see a study that shows the amount of student applications when the football/basketball team is doing well or is popular.  I remember reading something about Gonzaga and how the amount of apps they get each year has been crazy since the rise of their basketball team.  

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Why isn't anyone throwing Leach's name in for HC at Nebraska!  Keep Diaco and add Leach.  Press conferences would be golden!

funny stuff.  Go from calm, carefully chosen words MR to  Leach with Diaco - the 2 of them would make it interesting for sure.  However, not sure if 2 of them could top a Bo press conf.

Love the disrespect to the PAC-12 stadiums and (more to the point) fans.

Arkansas's stadium that he opines about is interestingly similar to Autzen in shape IMO.  A round, shallow bowl with solid, rigid structure for resonating.

Image result for autzen stadium shape noise

Image result for war memorial stadium little rock arkansas

Arkansas just has louder fans.  Or Mike is just trolling his conference.  Either way, its fawesome.

Just now, Kiyoat Husker said:

Love the disrespect to the PAC-12 stadiums and (more to the point) fans.

Arkansas's stadium that he opines about is interestingly similar to Autzen in shape IMO.  A round, shallow bowl with solid, rigid structure for resonating.

Image result for autzen stadium shape noise

Image result for war memorial stadium little rock arkansas

Arkansas just has louder fans.  Or Mike is just trolling his conference.  Either way, its awesome.

That's the stadium in Little Rock, where Arkansas plays occasionally.  I do know that Leach mentioned Little Rock specifically.  University of Arkansas is in Fayatteville.

2 hours ago, NUinID said:

Leach brings a lot of baggage.  His shtick plays well at the more backwater programs. Wazzu is very happy to go 8-4 every year.  Nebraska fans would not be satisfied with that.  I have spoke with a few people that have come in contact with him in their work and pretty much the only thing any had nice to say about him was that he was a decent FB coach.  Otherwise most were not real impressed.  

Um they are ranked 12th in the country, I would rather be there then a 12 point home underdog.  With a mediocre game planning and in game coach.

• Plus1 1