Racism - It's a real thing.

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At first, it did.  But, communities have adjusted.  Just look at York.  The interstate system was put in in my area the year I was born.  When I was a kid, the first McDonalds I ever saw was at the York exit.  Now look at that exit.  

It's nice to be able to get coffee before turning south down to Kansas.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At first, it did.  But, communities have adjusted.  Just look at York.  The interstate system was put in in my area the year I was born.  When I was a kid, the first McDonalds I ever saw was at the York exit.  Now look at that exit.  

Regional hubs benefit from the two lane bypass system. York, Grand Island, Kearney, North Platte, etc. They benefit because they were already larger so people would stop for gas and other amenities, and people now can get to them faster. If you're not a regional hub, or not located directly on the interstate. It does more harm than good. 

36 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Regional hubs benefit from the two lane bypass system. York, Grand Island, Kearney, North Platte, etc. They benefit because they were already larger so people would stop for gas and other amenities, and people now can get to them faster. If you're not a regional hub, or not located directly on the interstate. It does more harm than good. 

No, our small town benefits greatly. 

much of our commerce wouldn’t be the same without it. Like I said, our business wouldn’t be here without it. We have multiple fast food chains, truck stop, hotels…etc. 

Our museum even gets a lot of traffic from it. 

Plus, the benefit we have individually by having the transportation.  

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, nic said:

Hispanics are now racist because of proximity to whiteness. Go right ahead and keep digging that hole deeper...

Why does everyone find crazy people on Twitter and think they are actually representing a group of people?

Is Hill even employed by anyone anymore?

15 hours ago, funhusker said:

Why does everyone find crazy people on Twitter and think they are actually representing a group of people?

Is Hill even employed by anyone anymore?

This was echoed by Joy Reid of MSNBC too. Although, with her your point still stands....but believe she still has an audience. 

Edit: Reid's viewers are about 1.1M per show.  Hill had 1.4M followers, but that was info from 2021.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

(Not racism, but don't think we have a separate thread for antisemitism - so instead of starting a new thread ...)

Yeezy: "“I can say antisemitic things and Adidas can’t drop me. Now what?”

image.thumb.jpeg.3de72469410e50d729337129fa52892a.jpeg

Addidas, 5 days after his comment:  "ADDIDAS TERMINATES PARTNERSHIP WITH YEEZY EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY".

"Cancel culture" at it's best aye?  :violin

I give it less than 8 hours before Tucker or Junior announce a partnership with Ye to make MAGA Shoes.