Racism - It's a real thing.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

This is kind of interesting...I would like to know more about what point this teacher was trying to make? Was this a white supremacy flex, directly to a group of black students? Was he trying (and failing) to make engage in a nuanced discussion about implicit bias? (which is a little too complex for a middle school classroom) What was the context of this conversation, how did this comment end up coming out?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure that you read the article you actually attached there Nic ... first off 21,000 signatures were submitted asking for renaming (and there's nothing about those opposed to closing it.  Where did you get the 93,000 figure?).

And they're just re-theming the ride.  So it's there but will be about a Disney theme (Princess & the Frog)

I don't want to assume I understand what you were trying to say with your post - do you feel that because more people were advocating for leaving the name as is that it's noteworthy that Disney is renaming it?  Are you upset that it's been renamed?  Do you support the retheming?  Are you surprised it took a few years?  Are you pointing out with the stats (again not in the attached article or referenced in any way) that there are more folks supporting a theme that is racist in nature than those that aren't ?  Are you pointing out that they renamed one of the Splash Mountains but not the other?

• Plus1 3