** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, CPT Blackshirt said:
From a UF board :

Take it for what it’s worth, but a very reliable UF inside information poster on TOS says he has a very close friend that works in the Florida UAA and he has another friend in the UCF UAA. He is reporting pretty much the same as what’s been posted on the UCF board. That Frost is basically a done deal in terms of Frost being a clear #1 on Stricklin’s list and Frost’s reps saying that he is totally in if offered. Just the details to be worked out and time until UCF is done with their regular season before it can be officially announced.

No offense intended to you CPT Blackshirt but Florida is a crap job. I don't believe a word of this. There are just as many 'reliable NU' inside information posters on this board that would refute this information in a minute. Scott has to consider his new family.  Come home where his folks are and everyone knows him-wants to support him or live in Gainsville where we know he will initially be welcomed then fired after he loses his first few games.  He will find no compassion there. Nope.  Not buying this.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Like I said, I don't really know for sure.  But he seems to insinuate that he is.  And based on previous posting history, I've (skeptically) come to believe he is.

So is ecrouch's post more credible than the UCF board post from a few minutes ago?

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

This whole thread belongs in Rumorville.  Seriously .  

Remember when you were little and some dumb, brat kid would say to you, “ I know something you don’t know and it’s really good and I’m not telling!”  Yeah— that’s some of the posters on this board.

The UF firing has really started the rumors flying and they end up here.

I remember that kid, we called him secretasianboy. :)

5 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

You are right. Maybe it's because UCF is a mid major and their 0-12 type seasons are seen as bigger blows then say a P5 team going 0-12 and having previously good to great seasons. Just seems sometimes with these mid majors that they have a run of good seasons it is because of a special group of recruits that stuck together then they all leave and its total rebuild mode. Meanwhile at a P5 school lets say out of nowhere has a 0-12 season and comes back and has a good year it's like that 0-12 season was some odd hiccup.

This may not be true, but maybe the perception people see when talking about how Frost built UCF.

I didn't follow them closely and I can't say I do anything other than read the board now.  But holy jeezus, how can a team go 0-12, after some really respectable years?  Are there any theories?  Close losses, coaching strife, playing with 9 players on both sides of the ball?   

25 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

So is ecrouch's post more credible than the UCF board post from a few minutes ago?

I would say it's all in the semantics on both sides.  Are they "considering" him?  Is the their "#1 target"?  

I doubt anything has been agreed to by anyone.  I would be shocked if both Florida and Nebraska were not already talking to Frost's agent.  I'm sure he's high on both school's lists.  So it's pretty easy for anything to get trumpeted at "this is what's happening."  

But I can't see how Frost would have decided on anything by now.  At least not officially.

• Plus1 5
5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I would say it's all in the semantics on both sides.  Are they "considering" him?  Is the their "#1 target"?  

I doubt anything has been agreed to by anyone.  I would be shocked if both Florida and Nebraska were not already talking to Frost's agent.  I'm sure he's high on both school's lists.  So it's pretty easy for anything to get trumpeted at "this is what's happening."  

But I can't see how Frost would have decided on anything by now.  At least not officially.

Frost hasn't decided on anything but focusing on his team but from what I've heard there's been some behind the scenes discussions prior to Moos coming here. None of this started until the NIU loss.

2 minutes ago, FTW said:

Frost hasn't decided on anything but focusing on his team but from what I've heard there's been some behind the scenes discussions prior to Moos coming here. None of this started until the NIU loss.

He probably hasn't decided but I bet his ears are wide open. At least the ears of his close advisors like Mr. and Mrs. Frost.  

7 minutes ago, FTW said:

Some of you really don't have a clue. You're fish in a barrel. Frost is the reason Moos is even here.

This is what I’ve been thinking as this discussion continues. I think it’s a done deal and it may have happened when TO went down to speak to Frosts’ team. I think Mike Riley was brought to Nebraska to help us all calm the heck down. His demeanor helped to heal all the angst that was left after Bo was fired. I think he was only going to coach until Scott had some head coaching experience under his belt then Riley would retire and Scott would come home. That’s my take and I’m sticking with it. 

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well....isn’t this thread interesting tonight. 

Im sure frost fad told his agent what jobs he’s interested in and possibly where he prefers. 

The agent is working behind the scene ax while frost does his job.....very well. 

Do coaches keep agents even when they're locked up under contract?  Just wondering what kind of defining moment would have an employed coach seek an agent.