** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So Eric Crouch posts on rivals as 'ecrouch'?  Color me skeptical

(Assuming my math is correct) Crouch would have ran track as a freshman in 1994.  Scott Frost would have ran track as a senior in 1993.  Also, when would have Wood River and Millard North had a track meet against each other?

This thread is for wild speculation based off of rumors.  There is no need to inject it with facts or common sense. 

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Which part?  Tressel?

Gruden to Tennessee would be entertaining.  I vote yes.

There have been lots of successful college coaches that weren't successful in the NFL (Dennis Erickson, Spurrier, Petrino, Holtz, Saban, etc.)  and lots of good NFL coaches that weren't successful in college, but how many times have coaches been successful in both places?

Harbaugh, Carroll, ....?

Gruden could be an expensive failure.  I'd love to see them find out.

Not really worried about Vegas odds on coaching hires.  It's not like games where you can run stats to get a baseline. 

All they're doing is trying to balance out the incoming bets.  So a lot of people are betting on Frost an thus the line is moving.  But that doesn't necessarily mean anything in the real world.

It could be right.  But it doesn't have to be.

• Plus1 6

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not really worried about Vegas odds on coaching hires.  It's not like games where you can run stats to get a baseline. 

All they're doing is trying to balance out the incoming bets.  So a lot of people are betting on Frost an thus the line is moving.  But that doesn't necessarily mean anything in the real world.

It could be right.  But it doesn't have to be.

Yep. And I'm sure a lot of people doing the betting are looking at the two jobs, and concluding that the Florida job is better (which would be the majority's opinion on the matter).

On the flip side though, if they do know something, and UNL is letting Florida beat us to OUR guy?.... 

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Yep. And I'm sure a lot of people doing the betting are looking at the two jobs, and concluding that the Florida job is better (which would be the majority's opinion on the matter).

On the flip side though, if they do know something, and UNL is letting Florida beat us to OUR guy?.... 

Yeah, that would suck.

But I would guess it's more a function of them actually having a job opening and a couple articles saying that they are looking hard at Frost.  So a lot of the bets are going his way currently.

14 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Agreed.

except for... was Mike Riley even on our list of options a few years ago?

Totally understand. But last night Frost was +700, far behind Mullen.... and within 12 hours he's even and the easy favorite. That kind of jump doesn't just happen when Vegas has money in the game. Obviously not a sure thing though as pointed out with Riley.

But I'd still go with Mullen/Norvell.

Edited by Warrior10