** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I just saw chase Williams decommitted. Probably not the last domino to fall. Frost may be the only one that will help the fan base forget about this nice class we started fall apart. If option 4 comes in liue of frost I think it makes losing the class tougher and paying huge coaching buyouts tougher. Sooooooo Moos do your job and close 

Is it better for UCF to win against South Florida and win the conference title the next week, so he goes as far as he can go there and doesn't feel like he has unfinished business or lose to South Florida so things can get negotiated quickly?  I'm also curious what he will say in the post game news conference after the South Florida game when emotions will be high.  I'm sure some Florida media guys will try to get him backed into a corner to basically say he is staying at UCF even if he isn't 100% sure.

It seems like if he were heavily leaning towards coming back to Nebraska, we'd hear more about it in the media instead of just from a couple posters on a message board.  I feel like he hasn't decided anything yet.  The guy with the last big Frost to Nebraska rumor, Lars Anderson, has already backed off on his acting like Frost to Nebraska was a sure thing.

9 hours ago, Kernel Red said:

Here's a question for everyone. If you were Scott Frost and you had multimillion dollar, long term offers from on the table from Florida, Tennessee, and Nebraska, would you push them all away to stay at UCF?

I would, but I might be an outlier on this board. 

11 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Frost is my #1, but I'd take Leach in a heartbeat.  I have no doubt he'd win in Lincoln, but I think a big chunk of our fan base with struggle with him.  I just don't see the Moos trying to bring here, but I'd be fine with it.

If I were y'all, I would want Frost. Every program is looking for that coach that is going to be smart and stay there long enough to make a bunch of recruiting ties and build a great reputation. If Frost goes to Nebraska and wins, does he take another job if Ohio State or Bama comes calling? Probably not.

Would Leach or Sumlin? Probably.

There's a chasm between the candidates from my perspective...

I see a lot of people and pundits saying Scott wouldn't come back to Nebraska because if he fails it might tarnish his image in his home state.  Can anyone tell me any coaches who were star players that returned to their alma mater to coach and failed and are now a pariah at their former school.  The only one similar to Frost I could find would be Spurrier and he was a great coach for Florida.  I just feel that this reasoning is a non-factor due to it rarely happening.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, rustyred said:

I know I am not the only one.. but Leach just worries me. Yes if you can win and pull recruits to Pullman I have no doubt he could do that in Lincoln... I just don't think culturally he fits our program. 

Here! Here!  No Leach.  He's fine just where he is.  Besides, I thought he already said he wasn't interested in the Nebraska job when Moos was hired. We don't need anothe split in the fan base, it's suffered enough. Scott come home.  GBR!

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

If I were y'all, I would want Frost. Every program is looking for that coach that is going to be smart and stay there long enough to make a bunch of recruiting ties and build a great reputation. If Frost goes to Nebraska and wins, does he take another job if Ohio State or Bama comes calling? Probably not.

Would Leach or Sumlin? Probably.

There's a chasm between the candidates from my perspective...

Like I said, I don't think Leach is going to be the guy.

That being said, I think this would be a destination job for him.  He was a Tech for 10 years and completing his 6th at WSU.  He's from Wyoming and he's in his mid 50's.  He hasn't had the resources that Nebraska has at any of his gigs.

2 hours ago, HuskerBob8 said:

Longtime lurker here but wanted to pass on some interesting info. I hope it’s not true. My family has some friends whose son coaches currently with Leach. My dad ran into them last week and they said they were spending Thanksgiving in Washington. Then he said “looks like I’m going to be spending lots of time in Nebraska next year”. 

Son that coaches with him not necessarily Leach.  Option as an assistant.  Interest in upcoming coach in the east as well as part of building solid staff.

• Plus1 1