** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I can't understand Arizona State firing their coach. He was 44-30. The previous coach was 31-31, the previous was 40-34, the previous was 58-47.

He has the best winning % they've had since a 3 year coach from 85-87 and his record had improved this year from last year. They should have given him at least 1 year to see if he could bring the record back up.

35 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It sounds like we need to make preparations for Frost's arrival.  Is memorial stadium cleaned up after Friday's mess?  Can we get a fresh coat of red asphalt on 180?  Have the championship trophies been dusted off?  Probably nobody has been in that trophy case for 20 years.  Does he need a temporary place to stay or will he crash at his parent's place?  Has Runza been contacted to cater the reception?  I heard he likes to hunt pheasant.  Can we get some land stocked with pheasants?  Does he hunt other animals... buffalo, badgers, hawkeyes, gophers?  

4 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Given it seems Frost to Nebraska is indeed happening, the only thing left for us to do here is get this thread to 300 pages.

I'm sure I've forgotten something.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I can't understand Arizona State firing their coach. He was 44-30. The previous coach was 31-31, the previous was 40-34, the previous was 58-47.

He has the best winning % they've had since a 3 year coach from 85-87 and his record had improved this year from last year. They should have given him at least 1 year to see if he could bring the record back up.

Should have kept him for one more season. ASU, IMO, is not going to fare well in this coaching off-season going up against the other teams that are looking. I thought ASU would have been a good landing spot for Chip Kelly, but UCLA beat them to it.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Agree, but he’s extremely ebrasive to work with.  Also it was time to either extend/fire since if they did neither he would be on “only” a 3 year deal.

He also has a $12M buyout!  Twice what we are paying Riley.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I can see Pelini getting a P5 job in the future but he has to have some more winning seasons at YSU first. And whoever it is will regret it in the end.

His issues go well beyond simple anger management. I’m no mental health professional, but he strikes me as someone who is unbalanced and mentally ill. It’s hard to imagine someone with that condition being a good face of a program rather than a massive legal liability.

25 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

Sounds like it's easy to be a coach at two places, even only for about a month.  I have no idea what coaches do on the off-season.

Would anyone give a short description what coaches do during that time, besides recruiting?  Moos had mentioned getting the athletes

to classes in the PC.  Athletes need their hands held to get to class?  (okay, some might :D ).  

I.e. Nathan Gerry

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Tennessee will be announcing soon ... it'll be either Campbell, Mullen, or Schiano. Most fans think it will be Campbell or Mullen. Remember that guy last week who was saying Frost to the Vols was a 99% certainty :lol:

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/espns-chris-low-names-top-3-candidates-tennessee-job-expects-announcement-come-soon

I’m surprised Tee Martin never really came up. It seems like a similar story to Frost/Nebraska.

I guess they’ll get him on their next go around.

10 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Also we all need to go to Wendy's and order 7 Frosty's.

ugh.. fake shakes... how about Goodrich malts?   (yeah, not the same since the company closed down and a 3rd party now makes the ice cream).

Man, I miss those malts.  :( 

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It sounds like we need to make preparations for Frost's arrival.  Is memorial stadium cleaned up after Friday's mess?  Can we get a fresh coat of red asphalt on 180?  Have the championship trophies been dusted off?  Probably nobody has been in that trophy case for 20 years.  Does he need a temporary place to stay or will he crash at his parent's place?  Has Runza been contacted to cater the reception?  I heard he likes to hunt pheasant.  Can we get some land stocked with pheasants?  Does he hunt other animals... buffalo, badgers, hawkeyes, gophers?  

Scott Frost obviously only hunts men as man is the most dangerous game.

• Plus1 1